Honored Contributor

Re: Alex Butler?

[ Edited ]

@NycVixenI agree with you.  She was the same on QVC as she was back in her news segment days, so she was authentic, not putting on an act.  Did QVC like her spunk and think they were going to mold the rest of her into the "QVC Way??"  Did viewers, not used to her style, complain too rigorously??  It could be any number of reasons.  We'll never know.

She seems such a positive person that I hope this QVC experience will serve to be her blessing in disguise.    

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@ScarletDove  @missy1

The one in Mary Beth's blog that was on maternity is KRISTINE Zell......Cathy is another of the new ones.....

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Blogs/Visiting-the-Zell-Family/ba-p/4143743

@Spurt  Yep, got it wrong,...corrected it later but now we all know she is Kristine Zell....thanks much...

Frequent Contributor

Whaaat?! That Bomb dat com Alex is gone already? Wowza!!

I think she was fun & talented person, I wish her best for her new journy Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Alex Butler?

[ Edited ]

@ScarletDove wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@ScarletDove  @missy1

The one in Mary Beth's blog that was on maternity is KRISTINE Zell......Cathy is another of the new ones.....

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Blogs/Visiting-the-Zell-Family/ba-p/4143743

@Spurt  Yep, got it wrong,...corrected it later but now we all know she is Kristine Zell....thanks much...

@ScarletDove

Sorry I saw your correction and meant to go back to delete my post.....

The last 2 groups of new hosts-everyone is getting them mixed up ---thinking Katie McGee is Mary Nelson.....confusing Alex and Cathy .....LOL!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@ScarletDove

The last 2 groups of new hosts-everyone is getting them mixed up ---thinking Katie McGee is Mary Nelson.....confusing Alex and Cathy .....LOL!!! 

@Spurt  no worries, easy when reading all these posts.... well Kristine Zell will come in all by herself so we can all know she is the new girl on air.....thanks much Spurt and have a good evening.....

Honored Contributor

@ScarletDove wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@ScarletDove

@Spurt  no worries, easy when reading all these posts.... well Kristine Zell will come in all by herself so we can all know she is the new girl on air.....thanks much Spurt and have a good evening.....

@ScarletDove

You too take care have a good one............Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Mayfayre wrote:
She may have been aimed at a younger demographic, but that's not the viewership demographic and the Q isn't going to skew younger unless they spend advertising dollars in places where a younger demographic resides. Not to mention drastically updating their product lines and selling themes. They need to move away from guilting and scaring older folks into buying, and convince us instead of how the products would improve OUR quality of life. Not to mention instead of, say, advertising how the Bolt charger would be a good safety gift for grandchildren , flip the pitch and maket it a good gift for grandparents who are traveling to visit family.

Why would the Q believe hiring young hosts will bring in young customers. If the regular customers find the programming just awful, the products boring, uninteresting and repetitious, what makes them think a young host would make any of it more appealing?

If you want a young audience, bring something of interest to them besides IT, Dooney, Philisophy, Josie and a few others less interesting than those.

I would love to know to whom the weekend programming is targeting. Nobody is my best guess.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

I just dont think Alex was a good fit for QVC.....she drove me crazy with her silly slang and loud voice..........I wish her well on her next career opportunity..............

@Spurt, do you think Alex was worse or better with her crazy, silly slang and loud voice than, let's see, Shawn or Amy. I didn't even hear her once say, "up the wazoo."

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

I just dont think Alex was a good fit for QVC.....she drove me crazy with her silly slang and loud voice..........I wish her well on her next career opportunity..............

@Spurt, do you think Alex was worse or better with her crazy, silly slang and loud voice than, let's see, Shawn or Amy. I didn't even hear her once say, "up the wazoo."

@febe1

I think she was worse than Amy,  and as bad as Shawn.....Personally I dont think I should have to settle for any of the 3 if QVC wants me to watch and buy...........

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@febe1

I think she was worse than Amy,  and as bad as Shawn.....Personally I dont think I should have to settle for any of the 3 if QVC wants me to watch and buy...........

ITA with that. If a host gets on your last nerve, why spend a minute with her/him. Shopping TV should be a relaxing and pleasant experience.