Occasional Contributor

She's gone.  No Facebook page, etc.

Occasional Contributor

Different?  If you mean loud and shouty, then yeah, she was different.

Occasional Contributor

They don't put these people through several stages of auditions to let them get broken in on the air.  They have to be ready - 100% ready - to do their job and do it well.

The missing social media looks like she is gone.  You are also acting like it was QVC's fault.  Did it ever cross your mind that she - being so "vivacious" and all - may have said something that caused her to be let go?

No shopping channel has the ability to waste precious air time if people are tuning out a certain host and they know from minute to minute what the viewer's responses are.

Occasional Contributor

Alex was all about the money.  No way did she quit.

Regular Contributor

All the other newbies' FB pages are still in existence. Unless she shows up on air in the coming days, I'd say she's gone. Now's just about the time that mgmt should be determining who gets a non-probationary contract. 

Respected Contributor

@lousgirl84 wrote:

Alex Butler is still on the Q.  She is on in the early morning hours.  You all sure jump to conclusions so easily.  

Wow, you sure like to judge.

Respected Contributor

She is/was, as one poster said, 'different' than most hosts that are hired.  That said, her style and demeanor might not have been an asset to many viewers or management.  

Personally, I found her to be all over the place; professionally and physically.  Perhaps it was her high enthusiasm but, for me, I find it difficult to watch or listen to someone who doesn't have a calm voice and professional style.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

Re: Alex Butler?

[ Edited ]

@OnThatOne wrote:

She's gone.  No Facebook page, etc.

Agreed @OnThatOne.  Alex was on air earlier this week, but it appears that she is indeed gone now.  

If you go to Mary Beth Roe’s FB page where she introduced all five new hosts, you can click on each of those host’s names mentioned and it takes you to their individual FB page.  Alex is the only one now that you cannot click.  Her name is there in the statement, but no access to her QVC page. 

No one is starting rumors.  It’s a fact that she is no longer associated in social media with QVC.  So either that’s an electronic glitch across FB and Instagram (her QVC profile is gone there too), she’s gone.  Good luck to her in her future endeavors.

Honored Contributor

@OnThatOne wrote:

There is no "try out".  You get a six month contract to see if it's a good fit.  You can quit or QVC can let you go.  After that, you get your "real" contract.

New hosts get a five year contract and then it's renewed every year after that, if you make it that far.

Put it like this.  If you made it to getting that six month contract, you made it through the "try outs" or in other words, several stages of auditions.

How do you know they get a 5 year contract?  It seems like IMO too many years to be given to a new employee.

Honored Contributor

Re: Alex Butler?

[ Edited ]

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Well with new QVC hosts in training i have been told that they can let u go when u are a trainee and a position is not guaranteed. I thought she wasnt very good. I think.Mary Nelson is the worst and is probably next. None of these new hosts have any real wowing appeal. When LR started she had charisma in spades it was a star was born. She was a little green but god was she gorgeous and lit up the screen. Then the rest is history when Lisa became a phenom. U can teach everything else but u cant teach someone to have a personality. Lisa took Shawn Killinger who.was so frantic and all over the place and groomed her to be super successful.

Mary N. gets the info out, but she needs to work on her accent. I couldn't listen to  Albany at all, because of her accent. Not all accents are bad on air.

I am waiting to see the new host who is coming back from maternity leave.