Respected Contributor

@BirdieGal wrote:

Wasn’t she a new host? The one who went to culinary school?

@BirdieGal  New host Cathy Padres (sp?) is the one who went to culinary school (pretty with long dark hair).  Alex is a new host,  the very short gal with long dark hair!

Trusted Contributor

@ScarletDove

Thank you. I don’t think I have ever seen her.

Respected Contributor

I literally spent an hour or so looking up her QVC Facebook page etc. like a week ago and now that FB page is not available. She was so happy to finally get a job where she wouldn't have to move every 2 years or so. She's a well seasoned television presenter for about 10 years already so she's not going to come off as timid especially with her vivacious personality.

When I first saw her I was taken aback by her confidence but from my research it's well earned. I just saw a video of her presenting a product recently and she presented all the necessary information well and was very fun to watch. I ended up buying the item (the orYany Layla bag). 

It would be a shame if she was let go in such a short time frame; she was only hired this past April, so only 6 months ago. I hope this is just some kind of technical glitch with her pages and she's still with the Q. She's young, hip and a breath of fresh air. If for some reason she's not bringing in the numbers, IMO she should be given a chance to improve. She's only been officially on the air since July. 

~Live with Intention~
Respected Contributor

Re: Alex Butler?

[ Edited ]

@lousgirl84 wrote:

@ScarletDove  

Who who is Cathy Zell.  I don't remember that name at all.  Haven't seen Courtney at all

@Teddixat  Sorry, I called her Cathy and her name is Christine. She is a new host who was pregnant when she came; worked for a while in July and went out on maternity leave. When I saw her on air she was working with Mary Beth. She is a pretty, long-haired blond and according to MB's blog, will be returning from leave on 10/17.  Do not know if she will be on overnight shows or daytime.

Respected Contributor

Re: Alex Butler?

[ Edited ]

@lousgirl84 wrote:

@ScarletDove

Alex Butler is still on the Q.  She is on in the early morning hours.  You all sure jump to conclusions so easily.  

@Teddixat  .... simply asked if anyone had seen her since I had not for a while.  Know the new hosts do internships and read complaints about her....obviously people commenting have seen her on air!

Frequent Contributor

I could not agree with you more!  You described her voice perfectly.  I can not listen to it for more than 30 second.

Trusted Contributor

Well with new QVC hosts in training i have been told that they can let u go when u are a trainee and a position is not guaranteed. I thought she wasnt very good. I think.Mary Nelson is the worst and is probably next. None of these new hosts have any real wowing appeal. When LR started she had charisma in spades it was a star was born. She was a little green but god was she gorgeous and lit up the screen. Then the rest is history when Lisa became a phenom. U can teach everything else but u cant teach someone to have a personality. Lisa took Shawn Killinger who.was so frantic and all over the place and groomed her to be super successful.
Honored Contributor

I can understand how a new host might be over-whelmed by the necessity to sell, sell, and sell and the pressure. They could decide the job is not for them and quit.  It's not always a matter of not being an adequate performer.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

There is no "try out".  You get a six month contract to see if it's a good fit.  You can quit or QVC can let you go.  After that, you get your "real" contract.

New hosts get a five year contract and then it's renewed every year after that, if you make it that far.

Put it like this.  If you made it to getting that six month contract, you made it through the "try outs" or in other words, several stages of auditions.

Occasional Contributor

Life is unfair.