Honored Contributor

O/T I just looked at her Twitter out of curiosity. She complained/called out companies a lot - PayPal, Rent the Runway, United, Blue Apron ..you name it...lol.   I don’t see other hosts doing anything like that on social media. I don’t blame her but private DMs might have been better while a host.

Esteemed Contributor

@lousgirl84 wrote:

@febe1

She may not have been your favorite but apparently some of us liked her.  But that's besides the point.  I have said it before, the Q spent a lot of money training her and they felt she was good enough to put on the air so it would seem, assuming they got complaints about her presentation, they could have talked to her instead of just abruptly firing her.  That's just my feelings about it.

@TeddixatSome liked her; some not so much. Nobody knows why she was let go. A good company would talk to her all along the way if she weren't working out. I don't believe she was shocked, or the first time she knew everything was not going well was her firing.

Yes, a lot of money is spent in training by the Q. That's why I'm sure the company hopes everyone of them works out well.

From my point as a viewer, Alex was not the worst host I've seen who works at the Q. But there's much more to the job than what an observer sees.

Respected Contributor

@Mj12 Makes sense then....that would be my guess, as to part of the reason she is gone. I doubt QVC wants to put anything negative out against another  company. (Tks for the info).

Honored Contributor

@TX-starlight wrote:

@Mj12 Makes sense then....that would be my guess, as to part of the reason she is gone. I doubt QVC wants to put anything negative out against another  company. (Tks for the info).

@TX-starlight @Mj12

No one knows the real reason, but what I do know is most major companies check out the prospective employee or even current employees' social media pages to check for negative or flammatory comments ...........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Alex Butler?

[ Edited ]

she was not a good fit for the company.

I think in some way or another we have all been there,  on TV it's a bit more out there.

hopefully this not so young lady takes it as a life lesson 

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

I loved that Alex told us behind the scenes was bad. A big reason LR left in 2014 she wanted profits from the GILI line, a huge salary and alot of demands. She quit when she didnt get them. Lisa should have been paid 10 million a year to be honest. Lisa has stated she hasnt watched or bought anything at QVC. QVC could grovel on their knees to Lisa amd she would never be interested..it would cost a fortune to get her back

I don't, if that is true.  I don't think anyone should publicly disparage a former employer.  It seems a little classless.

should never do that

Esteemed Contributor
You would imagine QVC has a social media policy for personal accounts, especially for an on air personality. Perhaps she was a serial violator

But yeah, she complains a lot on Twitter!

Contributor

I find it quite ironic that many of the people here that are posting "I wish her the best in her new endeavor, " "they should have given her more time," "I liked her," "she wasn't that bad" and "they could have given her a break" were the same people that posted nasty comments about her that most likely played an element in her being let go.

The reason why this is important is because our words do matter- for both the good and the bad. Yes the Q needs our input but PLEASE just think before you speak or write anything. There are consequences. I am sure Alex read these blogs and that could have put her in a very insecure space. I know you may say that you need thick skin to be in this business, etc and it's true BUT some of the things said about this young lady were down right MEAN such as saying she had no neck, she's deformed, she's full of herself, she's a bratty teenager.

Below is her post on Instagram right after she started her job at QVC. It made me sad to read it now after she has been let go.  At the end of the day this young lady's dream did not come true and I do hope this will lead to something better for her!

Alex Butler on Instagram after she started at the Q: '"no" "maybe you should try something else" "this business is hard" "you'll never make it" "pick something easier" "good luck with that" -- Somewhere between all the noise -- > is the clear path to your dreams. I am living proof that it can happen. Don't ever let anyone tell you different. <3 #nevergiveup#followyourdreams #QVC. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ "If you listen to people, and allow them to project their fears on to you- you won't live."'

Honored Contributor

Miss Alex was a bit much, but I think she would have settled down with time. I think she just rubbed people the wrong way and I don't think the Q was interested in another LR personality. I wish they would have given her more time .

Honored Contributor

Re: Alex Butler?

[ Edited ]

@heatherhayhey wrote:

I find it quite ironic that many of the people here that are posting "I wish her the best in her new endeavor, " "they should have given her more time," "I liked her," "she wasn't that bad" and "they could have given her a break" were the same people that posted nasty comments about her that most likely played an element in her being let go.

The reason why this is important is because our words do matter- for both the good and the bad. Yes the Q needs our input but PLEASE just think before you speak or write anything. There are consequences. I am sure Alex read these blogs and that could have put her in a very insecure space. I know you may say that you need thick skin to be in this business, etc and it's true BUT some of the things said about this young lady were down right MEAN such as saying she had no neck, she's deformed, she's full of herself, she's a bratty teenager.

Below is her post on Instagram right after she started her job at QVC. It made me sad to read it now after she has been let go.  At the end of the day this young lady's dream did not come true and I do hope this will lead to something better for her!

Alex Butler on Instagram after she started at the Q: '"no" "maybe you should try something else" "this business is hard" "you'll never make it" "pick something easier" "good luck with that" -- Somewhere between all the noise -- > is the clear path to your dreams. I am living proof that it can happen. Don't ever let anyone tell you different. <3 #nevergiveup#followyourdreams #QVC. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ "If you listen to people, and allow them to project their fears on to you- you won't live."'

So if viewers don't like her we are supposed to remain quiet even though we don't enjoy her presentations just so Alex can enjoy her life and fulfill her dreams with a high paying TV job??????? 

SORRY--I'm a CUSTOMER, this is a SHOPPING CHANNEL and me and all the other QVC CUSTOMERS are entitled to voice our opinions if someone is going to make us watch and buy less on QVC---........

She admitted in her own comments she has heard, "maybe you should try something else" "this business is hard".......... then she has to learn to deal with all the ups and downs that go along with it OR find another career choice!!!  There have been many TV personalities that moved on to other jobs and have been successful in new endeavors..........look at all the people that wanted a career in showbiz and never made it......I'm not bringing out the tissues for Alex....she's not the first and won't be the last to experience disappointments in the profession that she chose...that's the way life rolls......(Where are the "tears" for Dave James, Dave King, Bob Bowersox, Gwen Owens......)  And I really liked Dave James as a host too.......

And I have complimented some of the other newer hosts---Katie McGee, Mary Nelson, Courtney K, and Kristine Zell

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”