Respected Contributor

Re: Puppy found at burned out property

To be honest,  I'm more worried about his lungs breathing that smoke and super heated air than his burns.  Not out of the woods yet.  Stay strong little Trooper!

Respected Contributor

Some people had to evacuate so quickly from this fire. Authorities were able to track down the property owner who had to rush to evacuate and didn't have time to account for all their dogs. 

From what I've heard, this property is in Berry Creek, which was mostly destroyed by the Bear Fire. 

I currently have 2 cats. I know their hiding places. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I would have stayed behind before leaving my puppy to burn..... just me....but I am an animal lover....

@SeaMaiden - I'm with you.  There is no way I could leave my cats behind.  We all go or none of us do.  Anyone with animals should have a plan in place, in the event of something like this.

I'm just glad this little fellow was found and is being taken care of.

I'm with both of you  ,   We all leave or none !!!!   I would never leave our babies behind I couldn't even live with the thought of them in danger .  It's very sad how some pet owners don't feel a pet is as important as themselves and there human children.   That's not me 😼

Valued Contributor

I would have to be dragged off my property before leaving a puppy or any pet behind.   

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden   i'm with you.  My fur and feathered babies are members of my family.  I would leave behind pictures and items of "worth" but never my family.

I would go down with the ship and those who know me, know this to be true.

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Super Contributor

This puppy looks so sweet.  I am glad he was found.  Hard to say what happened or how the pup got seperated from his family.    

Honored Contributor

Sorry but I'm not buying people wouldn't get their family out when they had to if it came to that. We are talking about folks that are about to be trapped by a fire. I can't even imagine the horror those people are going through.
Esteemed Contributor

There was absolutely NO EXCUSE for them to leave that little puppy behind ... thank God for watching over him 🥰❤️

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:
Sorry but I'm not buying people wouldn't get their family out when they had to if it came to that. We are talking about folks that are about to be trapped by a fire. I can't even imagine the horror those people are going through.

I agree!  It's easy to make assumptions from the comfort of one's safe home.  We have no idea what horrors those people were going through.

I'm an animal lover too and would be devastated if I was forced to leave a pet behind, but if I had to choose between looking for the family pet or saving my children I would opt for my family.....

I'm so happy this pup was found alive and I hope he has a full recovery.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have loved every dog I have ever owned. We did have a housefire with a big explosion.  The fire was heading towards the cars quickly and DH and I were both running to get out the front door.  I couldn't find our little Bichon. I grabbed the phone and dialed 911. I finally saw him and went to pick him up and he was so disoriented from the loud explosion that he ran from me. I have always trained my dogs to obey a one word command so before I ran out the door, I stood dead still and yelled, "Higgins, Come".  Thank God he came. It was only minutes before the whole house was engulfed and became a total loss.

Why am I telling you this?  For you who say "there is no excuse".....oh, yes there is!  You don't know for sure what you would do in that situation.  Had my dog not come, I would have been forced out that front door .Human life is important, too. Let's hopefully, try to be a little less judgemental.  If you haven't been there....you really don't know.