Esteemed Contributor

I Saw A Tiny Little Dog Yesterday!

I was out yesterday and was on a dirt road leading to the highway.  I came to a stop sign and was ready to make a left hand turn when I saw a woman walking along the road. I noticed a leash but saw no dog. 

When I made the turn I finally saw a little dog, I thought it was a puppy.  I got closer and she was walking a tiny little Yorkie. Not sure if it was a teacup or not.  He could not a been 3 lbs.

I stopped and said, "you are the cutest little dog."  The dog looked at me like, well yes, I am, thanks for noticing. 

The woman said it was her grandaughter's dog, she was babysitting.  He was 10 yrs. old.

Now, I am a big dog person, but he was just to cute for words. He was just booking right along with teeny tiny legs.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Saw A Tiny Little Dog Yesterday!

Sometimes it is hard to tell a little dog's age when they are so tiny.

In his mind, he probably feels as proud and big as a Saint Bernard!Heart

Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

Sometimes it is hard to tell a little dog's age when they are so tiny.

In his mind, he probably feels as proud and big as a Saint Bernard!Heart

@threecees 

....with the fearlessness of a a pit bull, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@threecees @KingstonsMom   My Mom had a chihuahua and he thought he was an Irish Wolfhound.

He would bark his dumb head off, bare his teeth etc.  I used to tell him, "oh for God's sake Cubbie, you don't even come up to my shin, you are not scary."

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

LOL! Yep, that's the little dog 'Napolean syndrome', too cute!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

I was out yesterday and was on a dirt road leading to the highway.  I came to a stop sign and was ready to make a left hand turn when I saw a woman walking along the road. I noticed a leash but saw no dog. 

When I made the turn I finally saw a little dog, I thought it was a puppy.  I got closer and she was walking a tiny little Yorkie. Not sure if it was a teacup or not.  He could not a been 3 lbs.

I stopped and said, "you are the cutest little dog."  The dog looked at me like, well yes, I am, thanks for noticing. 

The woman said it was her grandaughter's dog, she was babysitting.  He was 10 yrs. old.

Now, I am a big dog person, but he was just to cute for words. He was just booking right along with teeny tiny legs.

Dogs are the coolest...would have loved to see this tiny baby!!!!! Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@emmygrace   When I was at the stop sign and looked to my left I saw her and the leash.  I had to look again, a leash but no pooch. And the grass in the field next to the road was not high.  Even when I turned I was looking about her knee height, no dog.

Finally I saw the little dude just going along. He thought he was the cat's meow.

Respected Contributor

I had a couple Yorkies.  They are called the lion of small dogs.  They really believe they are the "King" 

Esteemed Contributor

@KathyM23   He certainly considered himself king.  He had  the cutest little face.

I loved  the look, "I am cute and I know it."

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 Dogs have the sweetest disposition!  My boy (Toby Snow) and I can be walking and people will stop and ask if I feed him Little Cesars?  He is a white west highland terrier and yes, he has been known to eat like a king!