Valued Contributor

Re: On adopting a fearful dog

@Sadiesadie 

I did check out rescue groups. All the dogs were in other states. It's very frustrating. But thank you for pointing that out. 

Respected Contributor

My next door neighbor adopted a fearful dog and she has been constantly trying to rip my throat out!  But, he doesn't correct this dog at all. . .

Honored Contributor

@DJP wrote:

@Sadiesadie 

I did check out rescue groups. All the dogs were in other states. It's very frustrating. But thank you for pointing that out. 

Not sure where in Pennsylvania you live. The west side, the east side or the middle. I live on the east side and adopted a collie from Collie Rescue of SEPA. I know there is a waiting list of people wanting to adopt. BUT my Vet - Horsham Vet - would have Wet Nose Rescue come in once a month and have adoption events.

We went to an event s few years ago and they had filled the waiting room (huge) with pets for adoption. I just looked at Wet Nose website and they had 3 dogs for adoption. Not sure if that is because of the virus.

What I liked about Wet Nose, when we went to the event, the animals were all being fostered. So you were talking to the people that had the dog living with them. And they knew the dog well.

Just wanted to add. One time we kenneled our dog when we went on vacation. It did not go well. The dog refused to eat and tried to bite his way out of his kennel. He messed up his nose. He also was upset with dogs barking non-stop. So you might see a different temperament once the dog is no longer caged.