Frequent Contributor

Re: My cat again

[ Edited ]

61vodUmo54L._SY741_.jpgCat Craft 3-Tier Floor-to-Ceiling Cat Tree. Chewy, Amazon and Walmart all have it for $40. My cat loves it. 

KIMG1096.JPGKIMG1337.JPG

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@halfpint1  You've gotten some very good advice here.  I have blinds, too, and I open them every day so my cat can look outside.  I have a table in the living room in front of a window that he can sit on.  I recently put a hummingbird feeder outside that window.  He loves to look at the hummingbird.  In another room I have a cat tree for him in front of a window.  I put a bird feeder outside that window for him.  I have another hummingbird feeder outside my kitchen, and he watches the hummingbirds on it.

I buy lots of toys for him, and he loves to play.  One that he particularly loves is his tower of tracks.  You can order it from Amazon or buy it locally at PetSmart or PetCo.  Here's a picture of it.  My cat plays with it all the time.  Whatever you do, please don't let him go outside.  He could so easily be killed by a car or a coyote or even a hawk.  If you must give him up, give him to a no-kill shelter.  Do not advertise and just give him away.  That could be awful for him.  

413SS0TSRQL._AC_US218_.jpg

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

My cat likes to look outside at night.  You would be surprised all the night activity.  Rabbits come out and all sorts of other animals.  FOR US, deers come out, rabbits and other cats and cars drive by on occasion.

The night time can be LIVE and fun for cats who are kept in the house.

I keep the curtains in the back of the house open.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Frequent Contributor

Trixie Brain Mover Interactive Cat Toy

download.jpg

My cat also loves this. When he is hyper doing this puzzle calms him. 

s-l300.jpg

He used to have a puzzle like this too. It's like they need to exercise their mind. They do get bored, especially if they are the only animal. I had two cats before and it worked out great. But, the little guy I have now does not like other cats or dogs. He is a handful!               

IMG_20170101_234707 (2).jpglaundry 044.jpg

Frequent Contributor

Sorry to reply several times. Seemed easier than creating one long post. 

I got my cat when he was two. He was a TNR so we believe he was outside most if not all his life. I have only ever had indoor only cats. We tried to get him to be indoor only, but it did not work. He has access to windows on 3 sides of the house. We take him out on a leash. Mostly he just wants to walk around our house and up and down the sidewalk maybe one house on  either side of ours sometimes two . It seems he just wants to patrol his territory and make sure everything is ok. If you live in an area where the winter is cold that will help. Kitty will appreciate being inside then. We have had our cat three years and he still wants outside. It does get better you just have to find what works for you and kitty. 

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@simplyfriends wrote:

8481DD13-A534-403C-B93A-2CAF9174CED2.jpeg 

Is your cat neutered?  If not that would cause her to want to be outside.  There may be stray cats in the neighborhood that are coming by to visit and she is reacting. I have a cat tree high enough for my cat too look outside. She sits at the window watching all the activity. I also give her cat greens 😻 

Yes! Everytime I take my cat out (always on a leash) he eats grass. In the winter we buy it for him. Also feed him sheba perfect portions with greens and sometimes fancy feast with greens. And cat ******.

Honored Contributor

NickNack, those toys are also called "Devo" cuz they look like the things the group Devo used to wear!!! Cats love them. I'll bet Henry is cute playing with that!

Esteemed Contributor

In the den she can sit up on the sofa top and look out the window to see and the front has a window next to the closed sewing machine which also has food dishes for her. She just has it in her to go out when she can beat me before the door gets closed. I think she is trying to give me love by 

'bonking" me with her head and I respond by petting and scratching her. I won't give her back! It is just strange after having her for 2 years she is acting like this. 

'

Valued Contributor

One of my sisters cats started acting out when a cat showed up outside and enraged her cat. 

Probably guarding his territory.  Had to fix things so he couldn't see the cat.