Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else have a dog ALLERGIC to Poultry?

@tends2dogs wrote:

Thanks again, @SeaMaiden.  I have never done Mr.Rebates.  I really should check into that Smiley Surprised!

@tends2dogs  YES! I use them for all my shopping and have received back over $1000  total in checks.  I call it free money just for shopping.🤑🤑🤑 Just be sure you click on to the site from Mr Rebates... and do not leave the shopping  site  you are shopping on until your transaction is completed.  Use only coupons offered through Mr Rebates ....usually they have several good coupons to use!

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs   I just placed an order this morning with Only Natural Pet .  Received 7% off my order total going through MrRebates... AND another 20% off my order or $125.00 or more using a coupon with Only Natural Pet on the Mr.Rebates site

.   There are several other coupons to use as well if you do not want to spend what I did...  It is a good time to place  a order if you want to try it out!  I will have saved about $60.00 total between the coupon and Mr Rebates percent off. Not too bad for items I use all the time! 

Have a great Sunday! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden  I am looking through the site you recommended.  I was wondering if you have ever tried their dehydrated food.  They have their own brand plus some others.  I am also considering some Chinese remedies for skin.  Willie is really suffering with itching and sores.  He doesn't have fleas, but perhaps allergies or another symptom of gut problems.  We had him to the holistic vet  yesterday and she did a laser treatment on the sores and he is getting another one tomorrow.  She wants him off carbs saying that causes inflammation.  Poor Willie is walking around with a collar on.  I feel like I am spinning here.  Their version of MeatMax looks like a possibility. If you have tried any of these or let me know what you have bought from them food wise I would greatly appreciate it. 

Oh, and I joined MrRebates.  I have the coupon codes written down LOL.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Valued Contributor

My Gracie cannot eat beef or venison--she hates fish---all she can eat is chicken, duck and lamb. It took years before I could find a food that agreed with her---she eats Royal Canin Adult Specialized Protein Duck & Potato---I also buy it from Chewy, but it needs a vet's prescription--Chewy is great about that--they get in touch with my vet to get an approval and they send it out to me right away--received Gracie's kibble within 3 days.No shipping fee. There are so many foods out there for sensitive dogs---my vet highly recommended Royal Canin. I supplement Gracie's diet with freshly boiled chicken breast, so I cook it for her every third day. Gracei is thriving on this diet--she is now 13 1/2 and rarely has a tummy upset (she also takes Forti-Flora probiotic daily).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs   I rotate between "The Only Natural Brand" of  Canine PowerFood ( a dry) and  EASY RAW dehydrated dry. They have been on this a long time and it really digests well and  gets absorbed well.

The EASY RAW dehydrated ends up being a wet food once you hydrate it.. I like that.

The CANINE POWER FOOD DRY I soak for about an hour or two prior to giving to them... I  do not like to feed my dogs hard dry pellets of food. I think it makes the kidneys work so hard to hydrate it  and can lead to bloat in larger dogs with a stomach full of hard pellets trying to digest( the dog drinks a ton of water and bloat can occur.  especially in the heat it is so important to only give wet soft easy to digest foods.  I do it year round.  

I also add at timesTher only natural pet( their brand) of canned dog food and...

I  ALSO buy a canned Lamb  greenTripe they sell( just put canned green tripe in their search engine). The tripe is so good for digestive issues( you might try a few cans to see how Wille  does on the tripe... then buy it buy the case when they have a good coupon deal going on. 

If you have any questions    just @ me.

YOU have a wonderful ThanksGiving and enjoy the day!!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks so much, @SeaMaiden.  I am putting together an order.  It is a great site and I can spend a lot of time reading about the different products and the reviews.   I appreciate you taking the time to write all this out for me.  I will let you know how things work out. 

I agree about dry kibble.  Most of it is rancid. 

You, your DH, and you dog babies have a great day tomorrow!

Again, thanks!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!