Super Contributor

October is Adopt A Shelter Dog Month ... I Did My Part

I hadn't planned on adding any babies to the family, but after we lost our DDB in mid-September unexpectedly I started looking at local shelter websites. In early October, I saw a picture of a 3 yr old Mastiff that looked like a dark grey version of my DDB ... so I had to go visit him. He had some health issues that had to be addressed, so they weren't sure when/if he would be available for adoption. While I was there, I fell in love with a 3 yr old GSD and was able to adopt her. Finally, after 2 weeks of calling the shelter 3 times a day - the Mastiff was cleared for adoption and I was able to bring him home last week.

They have been great additions to our family.

19Oct2017 008.JPG20171025_112838.jpg

Valued Contributor

Re: October is Adopt A Shelter Dog Month ... I Did My Part

Bless your heart! That was so kind of you. Hope the dogs get along well together.

Super Contributor

Thank for adopting rescue dogs. My 3 are rescues too.

Super Contributor

@piperbay  Thanks. They not only get along great with each other ... they get along great with our 3 other dogs.

Super Contributor

@mistyada  I think we kind of rescue each other ... don't you?

Respected Contributor

I love your BIG heart!!! God Bless you and your family. And both your new fur babies are beautiful.

pup.

Super Contributor

@Wahoogaz i think they rescue us too. I take difficult dogs and make them my family. Happy Halloween! 

IMG_3833.JPG

Honored Contributor

@Wahoogaz You are an angel GOD sent here to help others.  I wish I knew you in 'real' life because i think you would make my heart grow.

We are lucky to have you here on the QVC boards with us.

I have 2 cats (from shelters).  My Billy has had quite a few medical issues lately and my best friend who helped me get him and his sister tells me it wouldn't be good for Billy right now to bring another animal in my house, otherwise I'd adopt a dog.

Honored Contributor

@Wahoogaz  Two things....are you a wahoo?  My daughter is a wahoo and what are your new baby's names?

Esteemed Contributor

You don't often see such beautiful dogs (or purebreds) at shelters.  At least, not in my area.  Mostly pit bull mixes at my local shelter.  I hesitate to adopt a pit bull or pit bull mix as I have a dog and young grandson who visits often.

At any rate, bless you for adopting them @Wahoogaz.  So glad to know that they fit right in with your family.