Honored Contributor

Is there a host that you think sells Linea well?

I've been watching videos of Louis and Linea in order to learn about the products, see how he styles them on the models and to educate myself on the vast items he offers. I've noticed that some hosts seem to work well with Louis and Linea much better than others; to the point that it's quite obvious.

Do you find that there are hosts that do a better job in presenting the line? No reason to name names is they do a poor job...however, is there one that truly stands out as fantastic in your opinion? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Is there a host that you think sells Linea well?

Jill Bauer

Respected Contributor

When  I watch Louis, I enjoy the  presentation more when there is a quiet, respectful host with him.  I want to hear him describe the clothing.  Katie was with him recently and did a very nice job.

Respected Contributor

Jill Bauer, Leah, Gabrielle, Pat James-Dementri,

Mary Beth, Jayne Brown, Katie, Amy, and I like Alberti when I've seen him with Louis.

Esteemed Contributor

Louis and Courtney K. had a chemistry that was dynamic! Louis enjoyed working with Courtney K. so much . . . and vice versa! They actually communicated with each other. Their Q&A's were fabulous, which led to a great education on designing of Linea garments and fabrication for all of us. I was riveted to the entire program thanks to Courtney K's intelligent questions and professional expertise as a host. Louis loved her! He doesn't enjoy working with silly or giggling hosts. He is a true professional who wants to share his expertise. Courtney listened and asked pertinent questions. It worked.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

Leah.

Honorable mention: Jill, Jane

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You know, when you get right down to it. much of the Linea fashions and jewelry sell themselves through Louis's blog.  I've pretty much made up my mind what I want to buy by the time his shows roll around.  You will probably point out that not everyone reads Louis's blog and, therefore, in the end, a host can make or break a show's sales.

As some have already pointed out, a host who allows Louis his time to explain and  draw attention to the selling points of his merchandise is desirable.  So, whoever allows that is a competent host, in my humble estimation.

If sales are high or low, I think the following factor in these days:

1.  Is the buyer a member of the orignal posse of Linea Ladies or does she count herself among his growing number of new admirers?  It makes a difference at this time, I think, because the originals have retired or will soon retire.  Their need for new clothing has been diminishing (even if they buy from desire rather than need up to the time of retirement), and sales to this market will become softer as time goes on.  As Jeff Bezos admonished, "All businesses must stay young."  So Louis is now attracting new people (we can tell from this Linea blog) who have "grown into" the Linea look or have just discovered it and are still actively working.  This is critical for him to do.

Do the items in his latest shows attract from one of these groups primarily or do they  overlap both demographic groups?  This target group(s) has an impact on his sales.

2.  Traditional, classic cuts for tops (especially) versus shark bite, flounce or swing cuts pose a divide.  Typically, you either really like cuts other than the classic or you hate them.  Sales are lost, I am sure, when a cut fails to appeal to the purposely ignored target group.

3.  Bold versus delicate jewelry.  Some ladies loathe dramatic and bold pieces,  preferring the feminine and delicate look instead.   So, Louis has to weigh the merits of each new jewelry style and how much will be invested in each.  Many of us have both looks in our jewelry wardrobe but some stick to one sort of look. 

These are just some of the areas that, I think, wield a lot of influence on sales, making me less inclined to place much stock in the importance of having a particular host for Linea shows. 

I could be wrong.

Esteemed Contributor

I catch alot of his shows and my favorite host with him is Jayne Brown....they seem to truly like one another...listen

to one another....and they have a few laughs in between.....

just so pleasant.....  Also i thought Katie M. was very good with him too.................not a fan of he and Jill...

Honored Contributor

@golding76  You beautifully expressed exactly what I was thinking. Something stood out as I read your post:

You learn so much MORE with a host who is calm, asks questions, shows genuine interest and allows Louis to explain his ideas and then allows him to put them into motion.  Those are the videos that stand out to me and cause me to want the item he's showcasing!

I sincerely hope he continues with many of his classics; they're classics for a reason. I believe that those who are drawn to his line do so because they (we) WANT the classic vs so much of the "fad" that is all over the place. They're fun, they're hip and they won't be here tomorrow. Perhaps a newer viewer (that would be me) is looking for something that she KNOWS is a timeless item but can't find it anywhere and suddenly, there it is via Linea! I know all ages look for some truly classic items to add to their wardrobe but finding it is difficult quite often; now it isn't, lol.

Respected Contributor

Probably Jill Bauer, Katie McGee, as the new gal Courtney K.  That being said also Antonella, Jane Treacy, Mary Beth, Pat James Dementri - in fact all of them.  All of them seem to have learned that Louis is the best salesman for his clothing.  Lately I feel they all know to just let him talk about the clothing.  I tape his shows, because he is so informative and creative when presenting his clothing.