Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is there a host that you think sells Linea well?

I like to see Leah and Antonella host Linea fashions.  The Linea name itself sells in my book because I still shop and buy his items whether he's on or not. 

I like to see how the the fashions look and fit on Leah and Antonella more so than the other models as well since they are fuller figured.

Super Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:I like to see how the the fashions look and fit on Leah and Antonella more so than the other models as well since they are fuller figured.

Yes, it good to see the clothes on a less than perfect model. On the news today it said that more than 2/3 of womean are size 14 or bigger. I have a lot of company LOL

Contributor

I really like all the hosts that they choose, but I wish they would let Louis style them, or at least make some suggestions.  We've all seen a host in the wrong size or wearing a top without a Louis bottom.  Sometimes it could look really dowdy and not as elegant as it should be Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

I couldn't agree with you more. I think most hosts should size up at least one size. Some look like they are ready to burst out of their clothes.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@therapygirl wrote:

I really like all the hosts that they choose, but I wish they would let Louis style them, or at least make some suggestions.  We've all seen a host in the wrong size or wearing a top without a Louis bottom.  Sometimes it could look really dowdy and not as elegant as it should be Smiley Happy 

@therapygirl

I agree--you are so right! I recall one of the hosts--think it was Leah--tell Louis at the start of the show that she had picked the outfit she was wearing and one of the pieces was a Linea top they were presenting. The bottoms were not Linea ( & ill fitting) and the necklace was obviously not Linea, and frankly, looked like something you'd pick out for a pre-teen at Claire's. I don't mean to pick on Leah, because other hosts do the same thing, but I don't think QVC has stylists involved at all with dressing the hosts. Think they tell them to be sure to wear something from the show and the rest is up to them! So, they are mixing designers and choosing too small sizes, or they have no other choice but to wear whatever is available size-wise.

Having said that...it has zero impact on my purchasing something or not. By the time I see the show, I've usually ordered most of what I want anyway, having seen LDO's blog. But, for new customers, I bet how the host looks does impact sales.

Honored Contributor

I agree @GraceCO if I was a first time viewer, I would wonder why the hosts were in clothing too small for them.

Another thing that bothers me is people who wear jackets open and do not go and button or zip them during the demonstration so we can see how it looks that way as well. 

But if a model or host had been put into the incorrect size, this is a moot point. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Hey everyone! I asked because I AM a new member to the Linea fan-club and my only knowledge of what was offered was what I saw on air at the time, then the videos. I had no idea about his blog until I found this forum. I don't do Facebook so I don't have access to the pictures of Jaq (Jac?) modeling his clothes.

I do see a difference depending on who is hosting. Some don't let him talk; some don't wear the clothes well at all; some simply don't do a good job and I often wonder if they even LIKE his designs because I'm not sure that they do. Others have allowed Louis to present SO MUCH INFO about the design, how to wear it, what to wear it and then to show off the models who can be hit or miss- hearing him correct the models as to how to wear something or telling them to take XYZ off shouldn't be necessary if HE was the one stying them....it comes off as sloppy and disrespectful to him, they designer. I have gone back and purchased MANY items that I would never have looked twice at if it hadn't been for Louis showing the clothing off so well. In some cases, the models showed it off great; in others, not so much. Sometimes it was the host that wore it beautifully...when you're new and you're seeing presentations over and over and over...it becomes obvious.

Going forward, yes, having his blog and this forum will have me prepared for what I want to buy/what to look for. Without that...I often wonder what items I should have purchased but didn't because the presentation wasn't as great as it could have been due to less than stellar host. (until I found this place and well, I've made up for lost time, lol). Just my opinion. : )

Honored Contributor

@therapygirl wrote:

@therapygirl

That's why I like Courtney Cason with Louis.  She knows how to wear his clothes and wears them well.  She has fluency of conversation, give-and-take of Q&A.  She is very articulate and knows Louis's history and the significance of having someone of his caliber at QVC.

Honored Contributor

I do remember one host (no longer here) who always ‘rushed’ the demonstration when she had to be with him for a single item on her evening program. I do not think she liked him because they both are ‘alpha’ personalities. Just glad we do have someone of his caliber to be a part of QVC.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Louis does style the models.  Louis gives them a photo of how each item should be styled and accessorized.  I do not think he tells them what size though.  You will enjoy his blog.  When he appears I always know what I am purchasing prior to presentation.