Respected Contributor

Re: Is there a host that you think sells Linea well?

I think the best hosts working with Louis are the ones willing to take a back seat and let Louis talk. No one explains or knows the clothes better than Louis, and he does an excellent job of explaining every detail with the knowledge and experience of a true designer. Some do a better job than others. The hosts that remember we want to hear him, and not dominate do the best job.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

JustJazzMom

You and I intuited the same discomfort that existed between the two of them (Louis and she-who-will-remain-nameless).  Not saying your analysis is incorrect, but I never thought it was alpha vs. alpha personality, but that probably had a lot to do with the strain that existed between the two of them.

Rather, I saw someone who thought of herself as a gifted stylist and fashion spokesperson but felt inadequate and insecure when with Louis.  I think she felt insecure and not in control in his presence.  But you know, I am now coming around to your way of thinking because my thought went to the idea that she probably preferred the way she wanted to present his garments to his masterful ways.  Hmm, you win, I think.

Here I thought I was all alone in those feelings I had when Louis appeared on that Monday evening program.  I felt she never gave him a thoughtful and fair presentation of his fashions.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JustJazzmomand @golding76

I know exactly who you're talking about and she always wore a too small size!!!

Honored Contributor

@golding76, I am pretty good at reading people & I never liked the whole way she sold products — lunch in NYC, visiting our East End, etc. To this NYer, it came across as shallow. The persona worked well as she was quite popular; just not with me. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

I enjoyed when the new Courtney was hosting his show. Love how the clothes looked on her, too.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Esteemed Contributor

ABS (anyone but Shawn).  There is a pairing that absolutely did not click.  

Valued Contributor

Antonella and Jill, Hands down. antonella is down to earth, asks questions and seems to be anticipating the kinds of questions viewers who don't know him well might be asking. 

Jill is always prepared, looks good in his clothing and seems to respect his work very much.

Respected Contributor

Goldie, I agree with your first position. I don’t think of it as Alpha/ Alpha. I just don’t think there was any chemistry, and she knew he knew so much more than she did so she just didn’t add much to the presentation other then doing her job. Definitely no enthusiasm or excitement. I always had the feeling she couldn’t wait for him to be off and then she was all smiles and happiness again. IMHO, she was a real phony, but that’s just my opinion.

Honored Contributor

I think Katie, Jill Bauer, Leah -but best of all I prefer Jayne Brown, and maybe that is her background in retial coming through. I love his shows!!!! Wish he was on more often actually.