Honored Contributor

Re: Great Fall Collection !!!

@tobes wrote:

@JustJazzmom thanks, Jazz.  I did watch as the world turns.  I went to Catholic school and came home for lunch and the nuns were concerned that we would watch the soap opera while we were home for lunch.  The inquisition we faced when we returned at 1 p.m. was extensive.  We, however, did not admit we watched.  I think it was 8th grade.

The nuns probably wanted to know if there was another fight between Lisa & Dr. Bob, her husband! 😄

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

This certainly was a fantastic Fall collection.  This was one of the years that Louis skewed more to a neutral palette -- with the vivid exception of his majestic Plum.   We have previously noted and written about Louis's nod to neutrals every couple of years on this forum.

I shudder to think what I would have spent had he highlighted an array of blackened vibrant colors.  This "off" year for me was costly enough.  That Plum is absolutely regal and rich. 

Those of you who are able to wear his focus colors for Fall/Winer, well, what can I say.  I've been in your shoes before.  You buy what you can and what flatters you when they are available.

Have no regrets!

luvitorleaveit wrote:

I just received my beautiful plum slim skirt today and I thought the same thing @golding76  the plum color is so regal and rich.

Esteemed Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@tobes wrote:

@JustJazzmom thanks, Jazz.  I did watch as the world turns.  I went to Catholic school and came home for lunch and the nuns were concerned that we would watch the soap opera while we were home for lunch.  The inquisition we faced when we returned at 1 p.m. was extensive.  We, however, did not admit we watched.  I think it was 8th grade.

The nuns probably wanted to know if there was another fight between Lisa & Dr. Bob, her husband! 😄

True story:  In 4th grade my son had a sweet little nun who watched a soap opera during her lunch break.  The kids knew sister was "watching her soap" but I'm sure the principal (who was also a nun) didn't know! The TV was in the classroom for instructional purposes (!)

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

I'm impressed, most all of my items have shipped and are in transit already. Yay! I placed my orders Wednesday before and just after the on air presentations. Very excited to see this fast shipping and to receive my goodies, especially after reading all of the stellar comments of items you've already received from the early listed pieces in this beautiful collection. 

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS
Which items did you order?? I got my black jacket yesterday. Love! I think I’ll receive the plum today. I still have some of the items I ordered on checkhold. I need to decide soon before I lose them.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@crazycockermom 

Glad to hear how pleased you are with the black jacket. Surely, the plum will be loved equally!

I haven't ordered any of the jackets. Not that I'd like too. I have some stunning vintage jackets purchased on ebay that I'll be looking to see how the colors coordinate when my new items arrive. I did pick up the WK jersey tanks in bisque, plum and tobacco. I erred with the tobacco, thinking it'd work with my caramel ponte pants. When I saw Louis comment that these two aren't really a good match, it was too late to cancel. I also have the dark umber ponte pant that might work???.I'll  just have to see. I really wish this tank had been offered in the new grey. Especially since this is going to be the shade of choice going forward in the line. It's more versatile in my wardrobe than the sleeveless TN... which I do like but find it isn't always as flattering as it was on my younger neck. That being said, I am checkholding the bisque, grey and plum as I await my other orders.

I bought the ponte pants in plum, grey and bisque. I was going to pass on the plum but am glad to have changed my mind with reading all of the rave color comments. Picked up the BD in the same colors, again happy to have added the plum.

I only bought the bisque fez necklace. I like the 3 strand beads and may look at those when they are available again. I do have a quite a collection of vintage Cadoro jewelry. Pieces you don't see very often, if at all these days. Several pieces should play nicely with the new collection too. I'd posted a pic on another thread of a piece that is extremely similar to the new fez. So yes, I did some damage for my pretend life as we carefully await to see these difficult times in the rear view mirror. But I'll, without a doubt be looking pretty darn good. Just like you and everyone else! ♡♡♡

Honored Contributor

I feel the same way about a tank being offered in the new grey color.
Respected Contributor

@rochelleS
I agree with you about the sleeveless turtleneck and tanks. I didn’t know I had neck issues until I tried on a turtleneck last year. So I passed on these even though I thought they looked great with the cardis. And also, in FL I just won’t get much wear out of them.
I so wish the tanks were offered in grey and caramel so I could have twinsets. Perhaps since this is the new grey going forward, a tank will be coming. I wanted a caramel tank to go with my caramel blazer and plaid caramel blazer from last fall.

I ordered the tobacco tank and while it’s a nice color, it didn’t go with anything in my closet that I hoped it would. Not quite sure why that was the color tank chosen.

I’m a plum girl so had to have the plum fez. Also ordered the bisque one. Maybe caramel is a better color for me, but I was really drawn to the bisque mixed with grey.

I have seen your pics of your vintage pieces and your jewelry too. Gorgeous! You have acquired some great pieces!
Honored Contributor

Tracy Abbott character on The Young & the Restless was wearing a plum suit in the 1st scene today.

Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:
I feel the same way about a tank being offered in the new grey color.

You know the Q---they limit the # of pieces he can place orders for. I have no doubt that the Dark Grey will be a reorder color. I'd like one, too, as I got the Long Skirt and the Ponte Pants.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel