Honored Contributor

Suggestions for Next Step to Receive (Finally) the SET of 4 Exotic Earrings

[ Edited ]

This afternoon I am taking time to vent about the ridiculous quality control that is going on with the Linea "Exotic Set of 4 Hoop Earrings" (J387781).  If you have had a similar experience -- or you have had an equally frustrating time receiving a QVC order for one reason or another -- would you please offer some advice on what my next step should be?

On August 6, I placed an order for the set of FOUR (4) earrings.  The bloomin' product is described as a set.   You are supposed to receive all four earrings with their different finishes in your order.

My "earrings" arrived in a reasonable amount of time, but when I espied the package, I thought there might not be four pairs inside.  My gut feeling was correct:  there was only a pair of the Brasstone Ox inside.

1.  I called Customer Service, and the rep said they would send me a replacement set for my order.  I asked what I should do with the pair of earrings sent to me, and she said to keep them.

Excitedly, I received my second "set" but was anxious because it appeared as though I had received the same sort of small box.  Yep: there was only a pair of the Hematite (I think, could be the Silvertone Ox) inside.

2.  Called Customer Service again, and the rep said that she would have my set sent out to me.  For a moment she thought the company might not send out a third order, but her request went through.  Also, she said that I must return all the earrings already received.  When I received her replacement order, there  was only one pair of earrings again:  it was the Brasstone Ox one more time. 

If I had received one of the two metal finishes that I had not yet received, I swear I would have bargained to pay 3/4 of the price and keep what I was lucky enough to have received. 

WHAT IS GOING ON?  Who divided the set of four earrings into individual pouches?  What should I do next?   Is there any quality control?

I want this set!

TIA 

Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestions for Next Step to Receive (Finally) the SET of 4 Exotic Earrings

@golding76    It's obvious something has gone terribly wrong in the Lines earring department.  I'd email the mods at qvcsocialteam@qvc.com and let them sort is out.  It'll be a challenge.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Thank you, Kachina

Really, I have this nightmare vision of all the sets having been divided into single earrings so that I keep reordering and keep receiving one pair of earrings.

What went wrong with this earring set?  Totally off-the-wall bizarre.

I will try your suggestion.

Honored Contributor

@golding76    They probably got a new stock clerk that didn't understand the word or concept of "set" and helpfully decided to separate them.  They need to be made aware of the situation, which the mods can do.  They seem to have more leeway than the CS reps.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Kachina,

Again, thank you for your suggestion.  Susan from the QVC Social Team promptly responded to my plea for help.

She is going to contact the team that works with the vendor of this set and try to get things straightened out.

This is a first-time experience for me at QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

@golding76 - I am sorry to hear about this recent ordering challenge.  I ordered both (classic & exotic) way back when and there should be four different colors in a mess bag in each box....how in the world they got separated is beyond comprehension.

I surely hope QVC straightens things out without putting you through anymore nonsense.

Respected Contributor

Wow - what a pain in the you know what. How frustrating! I’ve had good luck emailing the social team as suggested. Hopefully Susan will be able to help you out.
Respected Contributor

Well, the jewelry does come in already boxed by the manufacturer. So hard to see how the Q took 4 sets of earrings in a mesh bag and somehow put them in individual boxes. Were they in Linea boxes and mesh bags? It they weren't, then I'd say it definitely was the Q's fault. But if they are in Linea boxes with the mesh bags--I'd say they came in that way from the manufacturer. There is no way the Q has extra Linea boxes and mesh bags hanging around in the warehouse. As I recall these earrings sets were rife with problems--ordering one colorway and getting another, etc---but I must say this problem of the 4 sets broken into single sets sure does take the cake!

You need to speak with Corporate and they will send someone into the warehouse to hand pick the 4 pairs of earrings for you.

You are supposed to have Brass Ox, Copper Ox, Silver Ox and Shiny Hematite. The Brass Ox (Gold) will got with the Plum and Brown Fez Necklaces and the Triple Beads and the Silver Ox will go with the Grey Fez and the Triple Beads. The Hematite will go with the Plum Arte Modern Necklace. I would not send anything back until this is sorted out.

I would have ordered that set, too, but they only had Clips left.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Regular Contributor

It's the ultimate prank -- could only have been worse if they sent you one earring at a time, in 8 shipments. 

Now hoping my cardigan comes with both sleeves...

Honored Contributor

Sheesh,

Each pair of earrings arrived in the Linea black mesh bag, but they were never shipped in a Linea box.  They arrived in a 3-1/2 " L X 3-1/2" W X 2-1/2" D black box that had no name on it.  White on the inside but solid black on the outside.

I bought and received (without incident) the Classic set of four earrings ages ago.  As I recall, they arrived in that 5"  L X 5" W X whatever inches D signature Linea box.  Each of the four different earrings was in its own black mesh bag in the Linea box. 

Before hitting Corporate, I'll wait to see if the problem can be resolved by the Social Team. 

Thank you for your input.