Respected Contributor

There are discussions about this under Customer Care - to date I could not order reading glasses, yesterday a Susan Graver necklace you will see other non shipment items mentioned too.

So far Q has not addressed this problem at all - even though we, the customers, through e mailing vendors have found out it is vendors' responsibility to label product accordingly with a warning, if necessary, however, good customer relations are definitely missing on this problem as more and more of us are affected. 

Hope you you have better luck than I have Ladies.

Trusted Contributor

@ms traditional

I did report this on Louis blog.

Honored Contributor

I'd be willing to bet it was the responsibility of the manufacturer, not QVC to certify the product and what it contained.  QVC wouldn't necessarily have that information.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I do not think that is true. QVC demands many tests on fabric, pilling washing, color fastness etc.. They know everything. Since this only pertains to Cal. I wouldn't think the manufactures are totally responcible. Has anyone had this problem with any other products from any other company? This Prop 65 must effect every single company out there.

Respected Contributor

If you really want o know, you need to simply research the issue.  I did.

Prop 65 and the Distribution Chain

The new regulations clarify that manufacturers have the primary responsibility for providing Prop 65 warnings. Manufacturers can choose whether to (a) affix warning labels on their products prior to shipping, or (b) to provide written notice to their distributors, importers or retailers that a product requires a warning, provide the warning signs or other warning materials, and get confirmation that retailers received the notice. Manufacturers can also enter into written agreements with retailers to modify their responsibility, so long as the consumer receives a clear and reasonable warning prior to exposure to a Prop 65 chemical. Even if manufacturers do not sell to any entity in California, if the product is sold by any distributor, importer, or reseller into the state, that manufacturer can still be held liable.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'd be willing to bet it was the responsibility of the manufacturer, not QVC to certify the product and what it contained.  QVC wouldn't necessarily have that information.

@Kachina624

yes, it is the responsibility of the company/manufacturer to provide qvc with the information on EACH item that is for sale. it could differ from a sweater knit, to a pant/top with hardware on it, to a piece of jewelry.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein