Respected Contributor

Re: Any Linea you missed out on & are still kicking yourself over?

[ Edited ]

Emerald,

Thanks so much for suggesting this thread.  If I only knew back in the day when things were available what I know now!

For sure, I would have gotten duplicates of the faux suede pants.  That is the best fabric!

I also would have gotten more pairs of the Whisperknit pants, skirts, and the ponte slim pants.

Swing turtlenecks    .    .    .  

poncho18

.    .    .    .    and WK v-neck swing sweaters would make my list.

Finally, I wish that I would have gotten the sleeveless black sequin top and matching skirt.  I got the ruby red and lapis blue ones.

Oct group7

Respected Contributor

@author wrote:

I always wanted the moss glen plaid blazer from last fall.  I have it in ivory and love it but love the colors in the moss one....just checked, it's on a killer sale, and I ordered it in my size. 

I am such a little piggy when it comes to Linea!  The closet rod now will definitely break......

Author,

You made me laugh!  My DH keeps telling me that he needs to replace our current wooden curtain rods with steel ones to accomodate the weight of my Linea "inventory."

Trusted Contributor

I am still kicking myself over not ordering more of the A268216 ponte knit boot cut pants in more colors while I had the chance. 

Valued Contributor

@Writer with Flair oh thanks for reminding me!  I never got the sleeveless sequin top or skirt... wish I had the black!  LOL

Valued Contributor

@Writer with Flair yes that's it!!!  Wow, you're a fashion detective!!  Yes, that size is too big, but it's encouraging to see it's out there.  I would need a Medium, but thanks!!  When you look up the number here you can see on the white how the pockets show through which I'm not crazy about.  I will go to that site & maybe the seller will get other sizes eventually.

Super Contributor

@crazycockermom , I would have gotten many more things had I known we didn't have years of Linea left!  The faux suede skirts and pants are just delicious, aren't they?  I'm glad you tried them.  I don't think they would be too heavy for your colder months, especially the skirt.  It's my favorite Linea fabric, up there with ponte and whisper knit!

Do check out EBay as I have found some wonderful things from the past there.  My favorite is a wool blend teal blazer that popped up last year.  I wish I knew Louis when that item came out. It's a favorite.  

Love and hugs to you this New Year's Eve.  Here's to a wonderful 2021!  Off to finish dinner and then make bruschetta and grasshoppers for tonight!

Respected Contributor

@mam2fourboys
I agree about buying more Linea if I knew this was the end. While I certainly splurged on multiple Linea items over the years, I did hold back for budgetary reasons and because I knew more fabulous items would be coming, or so I thought. But now I am kicking myself.

Yes, the faux suede fabric is so luscious! I can’t remember if I said this, but I picked up a second trench in loden (had the vino) and would’ve gotten black if my size was available. I will get even less wear of that in FL than the suede skirts and pants, lol, but I knew I’d never find another fabulous trench like that for $100.

I always looked forward to adding to my WK collection and sure wish I’d gotten more ponte pants. Next time I need new pants, I don’t know where I’m going to look for them. I had gotten to the point where most of my clothes shopping was buying Linea with a few trips to Talbots where my friend works.

I will have to check out eBay again. That teal blazer sounds wonderful. Last time I looked on eBay though, there were 7000 items!!!

Anyway, I’m sure you won’t see this until after New Year’s but I hope you had a wonderful time. Bruschetta and grasshoppers?? Yum!! Cheers!!
Super Contributor

@crazycockermom I have no idea where I will shop in the future, besides undergarments!!  I can't say enough about what a relief it was to find Louis and LInea and how EASY it made my life.  Thank goodness I have enough to last a good while because I just dread trying to find quality, feminine clothing and piecing together outfits again.  Talbots is ok for some things, but I find many of their items to be not as high in quality.  I didn't wear much jewelry until Linea too.  Forget trying to find jewelry to go with the painfully hunted outfits!  

I hope you have a lovely start to your new year today!  I look forward to chatting on Louis' site as I have a feeling our forum here may not be here for long.  I post under "Karen in WI" over there.  Hugs to you!

Respected Contributor

Louis and his Linea designs make getting dressed for any and every occasion easy.

Casual, relaxed, business, party, formal.....I always have many options.  Over the past few years I have often bought more than one colour of an item - as in the case of the Long Trench Coat when I purchased all 3 colours offered.  Louis’s final Collection - Fall/Winter - I loaded up on Whisper Knits, Ponte Pants - and Jackets.

I have enough Linea - many pieces not yet worn, to last a very long time.

But I will miss the anticipation of what’s coming next, the Sneak Peeks, the Videos - and, of course, this Forum.

Will be placing a final order soon.....saw this Lafayette Sequin Pant & Shirt outfit on the Saks website......over $1,9OO.....YIKES....the Linea Sequin Pant and Top in Navy are included in my final order - already have the Black - but at $186 -  it’s a steal compared to the Lafayette outfit.

The Lafayette outfit.......

093DD5A4-38F3-4AD9-A0EC-F6277B9A8921.jpegEAB85C8D-FABF-4CE6-9688-CCC4A067EFF9.jpeg

The Linea outfit.......

5003483A-A9DB-49CF-9878-549C03388C7A.jpeg1DB6B5C8-4932-4B8F-BAFC-4CFA64F700C5.jpeg

Super Contributor

@Seka, you were so smart to get all the trench coats!

I am kicking myself for not getting the sapphire blouse. I got a few other things in that color, but not that beautiful blouse!