Honored Contributor

Re: waggoner chocolates versue Harry London

I've never bought either brand, but recently picked up some Kirkland dark chocolate truffles at Costco that are amazing!

Honored Contributor

Allison was the original rep when Harry London first was on HSN, guess this is how she made her way into the world of home TV shopping.

Honored Contributor

What a great thread. I had ordered (advanced sale) a few collections of Harry London that QVC featured as holiday gifts even though I had never tried them. Back in the day, a box of chocolates was always under the Christmas tree and I've continued that tradition with my family. Sadly, most chocolates have tasted... well, like nothing I remember growing up. I keep trying different brands but they always leave me (and everyone else ) going... bleh.

After seeing this thread, I started doing some online research; wound up canceling all the QVC orders and went with the Giannos chocolates from HSN. Keeping fingers crossed.

Gotta love these forums; ALWAYS find useful info from the wonderful people here : )

Respected Contributor

I saw Allison presenting Waggoner on ShopHQ last night. The Waggoner chocolates were a LOT more expensive than the Harry London stuff on Q. I think it was three 1 lb. boxes for over $50.

Honored Contributor

On 11/12/2014 suzeecat said:

I saw Allison presenting Waggoner on ShopHQ last night. The Waggoner chocolates were a LOT more expensive than the Harry London stuff on Q. I think it was three 1 lb. boxes for over $50.

Wow, expensive. Was her brother presenting with Allison?

Valued Contributor

On 11/11/2014 kjae said:

Neither of those compare to See's Candies. I grew up and still live in California. The chocolate is superior. The selection is enormous. Makes Harry London taste like wax-sorry London lovers. There was also a similar company to See's, I think Ethel M, which I would buy when we went to Las Vegas. If you ever have occasion to try either of these, you will understand. Highly recommend both.

kjae, I did not grow up in California but have lived here since 1974. And you are right See's candies are awesome. We have a store in a nearby mall. When the children and we would go to the mall we would leave after shopping and I would let them pick a few pieces to have.

Edited to add: I thought it odd a family member would be presenting her own family's product. Seems like a conflict of interest to me.