Honored Contributor

Re: waggoner chocolates versue Harry London

On 11/11/2014 kachina624 said:
I knew Allison was part of the family and figured that's how she got and keeps her job. What an airhead! Possibly the worst host in TV shopping.

LOL, I hadn't thought of that angle. Maybe it's true. She does sound like an airhead but in an entertaining way, I think.

Contributor

Giannios from HSN are delicious IMHO.

Honored Contributor

On 11/11/2014 NYLinda said:

Another Ohio candy company! Sounds like Ohio, New York, and Pennsylvania have the candy market cornered.

Contributor

If you live in Ohio Marcs sells Giannos for about $5 a pound...IMO they are just OK..nothing special
On 11/11/2014 ValuSkr said:
On 11/11/2014 NYLinda said:

Another Ohio candy company! Sounds like Ohio, New York, and Pennsylvania have the candy market cornered.

Contributor

Giannos is sold at Marcs if you live in Ohio for about $5 a pound..
Honored Contributor

I always loved Harry London chocolates when they were on HSN but after Harry London was sold, the quality went downhill and several years after Waggoner candies was started with the original Harry London recipes and they are far superior.

Esteemed Contributor

When Harry London was sold, the (the company) sold the name Harry London but did not sell the recipes. Waggoners is making the old Harry London chocolates. They are much better to me. They are what was sold on HSN years ago.

Contributor

Was Harry London Chocolates or Waggoner once sold under the name, "Canton Candy" in Ohio?

Honored Contributor

I've not had the SHQ brand, but after several years of buying London, I'm now pretty much done with them. It also seems product fulfillment might not be a strong suit. I know I had an AD cancelled by Q because they indicated the product couldn't be made available, and I note on another thread someone today expressing concern that their shipment was cancelled by Q for the same reason. Certain pieces of London candies are very good, but others not so much and there's no way to control what you get and there appears to be little effort made to ensure the mix is even, among the various candies in the assortment.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Neither of those compare to See's Candies. I grew up and still live in California. The chocolate is superior. The selection is enormous. Makes Harry London taste like wax-sorry London lovers. There was also a similar company to See's, I think Ethel M, which I would buy when we went to Las Vegas. If you ever have occasion to try either of these, you will understand. Highly recommend both.