Frequent Contributor

I was making p-nut butter and the machine just stopped! I guess it is the switch. Does anyone know how long it takes to get it repaired? I use it at least once a day. I know I have to mail it in. QVC sent me the invoice and vitamix sends you a shipping label. No charge. Just the hassle.

Honored Contributor

Are you sure it didn't just over-heat?

Super Contributor

If it overheats it will stop until it cools off. Then it will start right up again. When your making nut butters, it is a good idea to use the stomper thing to keep it all moving inside the jar. Hth!!

Frequent Contributor

When making nut butter of any kind, quickly get the speed up to high. (The machine works harder at lower variable speeds than it does when it's running on "high" and is far more likely to overheat. Also, unless you have one of the Next Generation machines, your machine's cooling fan only runs when the machine is on high.) Keep using the tamper to push the mixture out of the corners and into the blades.

The Vitamix has an automatic shutoff feature that will protect the machine from overheating and burning out the motor. When the machine gets too warm, it will shut itself off. Once the machine shuts itself off, it cannot be turned on again until it has cooled down. This usually takes about 45 minutes.