Valued Contributor

Are you tired of Temp-tations?

I really wish QVC would come out with other bakeware besides Tempt-tations! It may work well, but the designs are from the 80's. Floral Lace is supposed to be " "new"? I would be embarrassed to serve my guests with any of these patterns. Get rid if it and take a page from 2013' not 1983.
Frequent Contributor

Re: Are you tired of Temp-tations?

I love Temptations and I do not think it is from the 80's, I would be proud to serve it on my Temptations.

Frequent Contributor

I love Temptations and I do not think it is from the 80's, I would be proud to serve it on my Temptations.

Trusted Contributor

Raphael Ray has a lovely stoneware line. I have tried several pieces and like them all. I disagree on Floral Lace - I love it and use it daily. As for the "80s look:" I don't know anyone who has matching, attractive baking sets. These are definitely not passé or out-dated.
Honored Contributor

I agree with you, the patterns are rather dated. If I had Temp-tations, I wouldn't be embarrassed by them. But if I was buying, I'd prefer a fresher look.

Respected Contributor

There are other bakeware products sold on QVC, and of course, there are plenty of other places to buy!

What I'm tired of is people who cannot express their opinion of a product without essentially trashing everyone who likes the product. Why do that?

Respected Contributor

I love my temptations. I bought a larger baking set about two years ago in red. They look very nice in my kitchen, but I don't display them. My kitchen is not red, but I use red as an accent color. Nice variety of serving sizes and have never had a problem. I don't think they are outdated at all. I usually get compliments on them.

Regular Contributor

No, I'm not tired of it - I love it, and I don't think it's outdated. My company always comments on how beautiful it is (I have the black old world): and, they are in awe at all the matching pieces I have.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/10/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:

There are other bakeware products sold on QVC, and of course, there are plenty of other places to buy!

What I'm tired of is people who cannot express their opinion of a product without essentially trashing everyone who likes the product. Why do that?

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}.

The only thing I'd ever be embarrassed to bring out for a guest is a throwaway aluminum pan. Some people serve on dishes left to them by their grandparents, so I don't think guests sit down for a meal at one's home and judge the serving dishes based on what style they are. They may judge the cooking... but not the dishes.

Honored Contributor

I think the longer TT is produced, the more patterns and variety become available. With the newer Poppy Passion and OW vivid, along with the polka dots, you have some more modern choices, plus there have been solids as well.

The only thing that I haven't seen is some of that modern looking geometric design that you can find anywhere. What I like about TT is the vast amount of accessories and decor pieces you can get to coordinate a large set.

I am getting a little tired of Old World, but I think it is because I own so much of it and use it every day. My latest favorites are FL and anything solid, like Vintage Grace, Classico, and Verona.

I like that Q has carried other sets, RR, Lydia, Neelys (sp?) and many more. If you check online, you will find there have been lots of stoneware sets in the past, and more for the future I'm sure.