Honored Contributor

Re: those of you who get your spices through the mail

Many Penzey's mail orders here, too, and never a breakage.

(it's cheaper for me to do mail order because if I go into the store, I over buy!)

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I have heard Spice House is Bill Penzey's sister.

Honored Contributor

I've also found Penzey's to provide outstanding packing. If this company you ordered from has good customer service, they will replace the order. I'd be willing to bet that if it were Penzey's they would, as their customer service is as excellent as their product quality and packing.

If they won't replace the order I'd just ask for a return label, send it back, and order from a better company. One thing I've found to be helpful, when ordering things that are breakable (especially glass) is to gently shake the box before opening it. If you can hear broken glass, best not to even open it and have it go back at no cost to you. UPS (or whichever carrier) will pick it up as a 'refused delivery' and it will go back with the same tracking number.

Super Contributor

tkins, what a drag! Sorry that happened to you.

This is where I order spices from: Savory Spice Shop.

I know that Penzey's has a huge following, and I'm sure they're terrific. However, I have a peccadillo. Whenever something/someone is super popular, I tend to shy await from it/them, because they don't need me? Or maybe it's reverse snobbism? IDK! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

But I love the Savory Spice Shop.

Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}I've been purchasing spices from Penzey's for years and years....before they even had a website and were still quite small. I've never had a problem or complaint, and their spices are always super-fresh. I love that they have multiple varieties of some spices, too.....fun to try different ones.

Trusted Contributor

depglass, thanks for the info that Spice House is owned by Bill Penzey's daughter. I ordered a catalog. From a brief glance, looks like she carries some interesting items not carried by Penzeys and indicates spices that are organic. I'll continue to buy from my B&M Penzey's store but will try an item or two from Spice House online that Penzey's doesn't carry.
Esteemed Contributor

On 10/17/2014 Illinois Judy said:

I order from Penzey's a lot and never have had breakage. Their stuff is packed remarkably well. They always include a free sample in each box too.

This!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor

Penzey's here too. Never anything broken or any kind of mishap. LOVE their spices.

Super Contributor

I've been ordering all my organic spices from Morton & Bassett of San Francisco for the last three years and never had a problem with breakage. Each jar is packed tightly in its own slot in the box and covered with bubble wrap. Sometimes I order three of one spice and all three jars are in bubble wrap together. They offer FREE shipping with orders of $29 or more.

Frequent Contributor

On 10/18/2014 robomo said:

Penzey's here too. Never anything broken or any kind of mishap. LOVE their spices.

Same here.