Super Contributor

those of you who get your spices through the mail

I placed and received an order from the Spice Hunter. Unfortunately, one of the jars shattered in transit, so I have a box with chili powder, glass shards and slivers all over. I have contacted them, but while I am waiting to hear back from them, I was wondering if this has happened to anyone and if so, what did you do. I thought about vacuuming the mess up, but don't want to ruin my vacuum, although I do have a dust buster and that might be an option if I replace the filter when I am done. I really don't want to send it back, if there is a good/safe way to clean the rest of the bottles. Thank you for your time.

tkins

Frequent Contributor

Re: those of you who get your spices through the mail

I personally would send it all back and have them replace the entire order. Who knows where minuscule glass shards may have embedded themselves?

Respected Contributor

On 10/17/2014 NoTan4Me said:

I personally would send it all back and have them replace the entire order. Who knows where minuscule glass shards may have embedded themselves?

I have to agree.

Frequent Contributor

I order from Penzey's a lot and never have had breakage. Their stuff is packed remarkably well. They always include a free sample in each box too.

Frequent Contributor

I order from Penzey's a lot and never have had breakage. Their stuff is packed remarkably well. They always include a free sample in each box too.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I also ordered from Penzy's. I bought herbs that were sold in bags. I bought a few jars to store them in. It was packed very well. Also love their freebie gift.

Trusted Contributor

The company should replace the entire order. I always use Pensy's.

Honored Contributor

I just got an order from Spice House and everything was in excellent shape. It was well packed and everything was fresh and first rate. I am a long time Penzey's user, but I think I will try Spice House again next time. I was very impressed with them and sorry your order was broken.

Trusted Contributor

Send the whole order back and start ordering from Penzey's. They're the best!
Respected Contributor

Penzey's here too. They're awesome.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*