Super Contributor

Re: kitchenaide dicer attachment

On 1/30/2015 debc said:

Did you not watch the presentation? LOL That was the first thing I thought was how huge it was. I haven't got mine yet but I did get the parmesan grater from amazon. I traced around it and put my 12 cup disc inside that for comparison. Luckily I have a spot for mine.

Debc..Can you give more details about ""parmesan grater"" from Amazon as I am interested in such for my hard cheeses.

Respected Contributor

On 1/30/2015 4uthebest said:
On 1/30/2015 debc said:

Did you not watch the presentation? LOL That was the first thing I thought was how huge it was. I haven't got mine yet but I did get the parmesan grater from amazon. I traced around it and put my 12 cup disc inside that for comparison. Luckily I have a spot for mine.

Debc..Can you give more details about "parmesan grater" from Amazon as I am interested in such for my hard cheeses.

The small holes are just like the box shredders for hard cheese, and the larger holes are for it to fall through. I buy the cheese in bricks and then freeze in smaller amounts. I use the split vacuum bags and freeze unvacuumed and then vacuum when froze.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Valued Contributor

Got mine on Tuesday (advance ordered) and it is a MONSTER --- in a good way LOL

Some of the lids were tight the first time taking them off and on but soon loosened up a bit. The dicer attachment is nothing short of amazing! The body of the machine is not anywhere near as heavy as my old 12 cup. Lots of parts but that is what makes this so versatile. Can't wait to play with it more this weekend. Definite keeper considering just the dicer alone on Amazon sells for almost the price of the machine. Love the high/low feature and the adjustable slicer.

This one is for my daughter but she wants me to familiarize myself with it so I can give her demo/instructions; I'm more than happy to do so

Respected Contributor

On 1/31/2015 In-x-s said:

Got mine on Tuesday (advance ordered) and it is a MONSTER --- in a good way LOL

Some of the lids were tight the first time taking them off and on but soon loosened up a bit. The dicer attachment is nothing short of amazing! The body of the machine is not anywhere near as heavy as my old 12 cup. Lots of parts but that is what makes this so versatile. Can't wait to play with it more this weekend. Definite keeper considering just the dicer alone on Amazon sells for almost the price of the machine. Love the high/low feature and the adjustable slicer.

This one is for my daughter but she wants me to familiarize myself with it so I can give her demo/instructions; I'm more than happy to do so

I think that gasket is what's making it so difficult for some. I may dab some vegetable oil on mine before I use it.

~~
Respected Contributor

I originally got the parmesan disc with this mixer attachment. I never could figure out why they discontinued it. I liked it a lot better than the round ones.

~~
Contributor

I had the same problem getting the dicer attachment top to lock into place. I put a bit of vegetable oil on the seal and edge of the top. It slid right into place and works perfectly. Hope this helps. I love this new gadget!
Valued Contributor

I sliced and diced many things yesterday to play with it --- works great!! I was amazed at the way it diced tomatoes. I do believe it is a machine that would have to sit out or you wouldn't bother to dig it all out for the 30 seconds it takes to use. Had a bit of a problem with the adjustable slicer not moving, but again, I think that's a matter of using it and getting the spring to loosen up a bit.

I much preferred using the lid from the dicer kit on the machine most of the time rather than the BIG wide-mouth lid. less pieces to wash as well with that lid.

New Contributor

Got my KA food processor this week. I too was somewhat overwhelmed with all the parts. I told a friend that she would have to come over and give me a demo on how to properly use it. The video was helpful. The manual that come with it has been helpful too. It would be nice to see more video on all different ways to use this appliance; as I think it would be very helpful to those of us who have never had a food processor before. Today I managed to grate some Romano cheese all by myself

Trusted Contributor

It almost seems that QVC knows that you can buy almost 99% of their inventory, somewhere else, for a better price. So, they try to spruce up the same old stuff with an exclusive color or feature. IMO: This dicer attachment is just such a doo dad. Unless you need to dice a large amount of food, in only one size-it's easier to grab a knife or a manual dicer. Not to mention, if an expensive attachment is dependent on a cr*ppy little spring-what happens if the spring breaks?