Regular Contributor

kitchenaide dicer attachment

Just received my new tsv food processor. My question is, how in the heck do you open up the black container that is holding the attachments???? What am I missing??

Honored Contributor

Re: kitchenaide dicer attachment

Not sure we have the same thing, but on my KA food processor attachment, I slide the catch to the right and it opens up. HTH

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I'm still waiting for mine.... I keep watching the doorstep!! Can't wait!!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Occasional Contributor

Sally....the lid slides out of the latch on the side of the bowl.

Regular Contributor

I finally open the black bowl holding the attachments (almost broke my wrist).

My latest problem is this.. I put all the parts to the dicer in, now I can't get the top lid on. I have had processors since 2006, and have never had a problem like this, but this Kitchenaide is really making me crazy.

I am almost tempted to ship this thing back and bring back my 9 cup and chop my vegies like I always do. I think they should supply a video with this thing. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Honored Contributor

I almost bought this, but I already have the 9 cup. Glad you ladies are the guinea pigs and not me. If the kinks are ironed out I might buy in the future. Meanwhile there's always my trusty Wusthof chef's knife.

New Contributor

Got my KA food processor on Wednesday - fast service, but a bit disappointed with instructions and no recipes or suggestions. Have been using a Cuisinart since the mid-seventies and was looking forward to an updated version. Hope I can figure it out.

Contributor

Got mine yesterday. Could not believe the pieces to this machine. Too over whelming,too Big,too Bulky. Did not realize how big this Food Processor is. Sent it back today. I think for me, this is to much of a hassle to dirty up all those parts just to slice or dice a few ingredients. You will spend more time washing all the parts and then putting it back together. Also, if you don't have counter space or a place to store the extra pieces its not worth it.

Honored Contributor

QVC sent me a video that came on my iPhone showing how to use the product. Check to see if yours has come, it'll be helpful...

I'm just thrilled with mine... as with most machines like this, you'll tend to use a couple of favorites and not have to change it out all the time unless it's for something special.

Yes it's a biggee, but that's what I love about it. I've already cleared out the bottom of one of my cabinets for it... I'm in love already and it only just came today! {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

On 1/30/2015 tartlets said:

Got mine yesterday. Could not believe the pieces to this machine. Too over whelming,too Big,too Bulky. Did not realize how big this Food Processor is. Sent it back today. I think for me, this is to much of a hassle to dirty up all those parts just to slice or dice a few ingredients. You will spend more time washing all the parts and then putting it back together. Also, if you don't have counter space or a place to store the extra pieces its not worth it.

Did you not watch the presentation? LOL That was the first thing I thought was how huge it was. I haven't got mine yet but I did get the parmesan grater from amazon. I traced around it and put my 12 cup disc inside that for comparison. Luckily I have a spot for mine.

kitchenaid

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*