Esteemed Contributor

I swear by the Don Astlett microfiber sponges. They wash well. They wear like iron. I use all around the house (not only in the kitchen) Work great!!

Honored Contributor

I use my dishwasher for graters etc. 

But for sponges, I have bought so many different brands. I used to like Scrub Daddy and bought many, many many. I got tired of them disintegrating after a few weeks. Then I discovered the sponges in the kitchen in Walt Disney World. I liked them. They held up well and did such a good job. I tried to find out the manufacturer and Disney called me back and said DishFish dual was similar. I ordered them but haven't tried them yet.

American Test Kitchen just rated sponges and this was the winner.

Kitchen Sponges

Honored Contributor

I use a regular sponge but I go the opposite way so I'm not shredding or grating the sponge.

Respected Contributor

the first time i put the sponge in the microwave oven .it was danp and i forgot to wet it more. so that sponge went into trash. it vgot burned.i usual put sponges in dishwasher. and if im washing a load of white clothes with bleach i throw sponges in there to but mostly in dw.

Honored Contributor

I don't see any reason at all to use a sponge.  I use my soapy hand for some things, put almost everything in the dishwasher, and use a wet soapy paper towel for a few things.  A dish brush  is on hand, and dishcloths are kept pretty clean for wiping up.

I am of the sponge/icky camp!  Woman Very Happy

We put out a new dishcloth every day and then they get washed mostly on sanitize with kitchen towels and sometimes with the hand towels.  NEVER EVER with the bath towels and washcloths.