Valued Contributor

The Stowe Mercantile

[ Edited ]

Happy to see David's recommendation for this small business. I checked out their website and it looks very cool. I hope to be able to buy some products to help them out while they're having to stay closed. This is going to take awhile lol. Lots to look at.

Honored Contributor

Re: The Stowe Mercantile

[ Edited ]

@LisaMofSLC 

Did he say he had 25 orders when he was on this afternoon?  

Doesn't seem to me a big # for the kind of exposure QVC can give small business.  Or did I hear wrong.

(Also, products he mentioned Cabot cheese, Pure Vermont Maple syrup for example can be bought in my local stores).

I will check it out although doubt I'll buy anything as many small businesses in our local towns is where we should buying to support them!!! 

Valued Contributor

Re: The Stowe Mercantile

[ Edited ]

I don't know that my town has anything like this. I wish we did, something like the Vermont Country Store for example. There are some small shops in touristy areas I patronize, but they really are small.

As for orders, maybe that was nirmally but now that he has mentioned, I can't access the website, very slow so maybe very busy lol.

Honored Contributor

@LisaMofSLC 

anything David promotes sells ... and I did try and got "error" message.  

You may be right system overloaded and that's a good thing for them!!!

Respected Contributor

@LisaMofSLC wrote:

I don't know that my town has anything like this. I wish we did, something like the Vermont Country Store for example. There are some small shops in touristy areas I patronize, but they really are small.

As for orders, maybe that was nirmally but now that he has mentioned, I can't access the website, very slow so maybe very busy lol.

I cant access it - maybe it is crashing fom too many viewers ?

I get HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.