Honored Contributor

How do you keep the graham cracker crust mix that comes in the Jello box from sticking to the pie pan ? I made one over the weekend and the crust stuck to the bottom of the pie pan and stayed there. I needed a crow bar to loosen it up LOL

Super Contributor

If you used correct amounts of melted butter and sugar and it still stuck  you could try cooking spray on pan prior to pressing craham cracker mix into pan or line pan with parchment next time.  

Honored Contributor

try spraying it with pam or use parchment paper.

i have an older springform pan and it does stick sometimes. i do have a very good thin spatula though that can get up underneath of the crust.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

OK, will try the spray and parchment paper.

Thanks all !

1#aA.gif

Honored Contributor

you are welcome @SharkE.

i am making a cheesecake for christmas dessert also. Smiley Happy

everyone complained that i did not make it for thanksgiving dinner (lol, but we already had a pecan torte, assorted cookies, fruit salad,  an apple pie, and pumpkin pie.....and vanilla ice cream!)

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

People never satisfied, hun, don't care what we do. I baked bunch of stuff for the church on Thanksg. and come to find out I was the only one who bought homemade rolls. I was told nobody else knew how to make 'em. Told hubbo "Uh huh everybody else to lazy is what it is ". Bought a deep fried turkey and 2 Schwan apple pies thinking apple would be a change since there were 10pumpkin pies last yr. yep, you guessed it NO pumpkin pies this yr. at all , all apple.

I give up ! LOL

xmas1.gif