Trusted Contributor

Has anyone ever  seved a turkducken for the hollidays. What di you think about it?

Honored Contributor

I have no idea what this is, but I've never relished anything with spelling that started with T-U-R-D.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I have no idea what this is, but I've never relished anything with spelling that started with T-U-R-D.

@Kachina624    Holy leaping lizards...........I'm sitting here HOWLING WITH LAUGHTER.....at......3 a.m.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Re: turducken ?

[ Edited ]

It is chicken and duck stuffed into a turkey

We had someone at work that made it for their Holiday and they brought in some leftovers for us to try.....

It was "OK".....but I know my family wouldn't like it

Honored Contributor

I just love the name.  Actually there's words, that just tickle me now when I hear them, and then I have to say them, and remark how great a word it is.  I don't get out much. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Re: turducken ?

[ Edited ]

My older son had it last year at Thanksgiving and everyone ate more of that than the turkey & the ham that he also had. Almost everyone went back for seconds. Probably because we all only took a little bit at first because it was new and unfamiliar. In fact it was enjoyed so much that we had it again this Thanksgiving along with the other 2 meats and it was almost all gone by the time dinner was finished.

Honored Contributor

no appeal at all

Esteemed Contributor

I watched turducken (yes, the name is rather unappetizing) being prepared on a food channel program. I’d say it would be easier to learn how to perform major surgery than create one of those things. On the other hand, it looked delicious and I’d love to try it.

Valued Contributor

A friend served this for Thanksgiving. She said she wouldn't order it again. It had too much stuffing in it and not much meat for seventy dollars.

Honored Contributor

No, but my son made a Cherpumple. Followed the recipe and it still was undercooked. 

Never tried it again.