Respected Contributor

I'm guessing they're all not created equal.  My friend had it one year and it was really good.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

A coworker bought one back from TX and we cooked it in our oven. We all had it for lunch - delish

Trusted Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

No, but my son made a Cherpumple. Followed the recipe and it still was undercooked. 

Never tried it again. 

@drizzellla  What, pray tell, is a Cherpumple?

Honored Contributor

Re: turducken ?

[ Edited ]

@aggravated wrote:

@drizzellla wrote:

No, but my son made a Cherpumple. Followed the recipe and it still was undercooked. 

Never tried it again. 

@drizzellla  What, pray tell, is a Cherpumple?

Cherry, Pumpkin and Apple pie/cake.

Trusted Contributor

The one time we served a Turducken for a holiday meal it was so tasty that every last bit of it got eaten up and there were no leftovers.  Boy were my husband and I disappointed because it cost $75 and we wanted some leftovers!  I remember it being moist and succulent, and a nice mix of flavors.  We ordered it through a Cajun restaurant in town. 

Trusted Contributor

LOL kachina, you are hilarious. Yall tell me if i am wrong. it is deboned chicken and duck inside of a turkey. I would like to try something different, although as someone mentioned they are not cheap,. 

Trusted Contributor

I know desertdi, that was pretty darn cute !

Trusted Contributor

Right qualitygal. The first time someone told me they served a turducken at thangsgiving, I thought the same thing. A what ? what is that ?

Honored Contributor

I can't believe it wasn't poofed. If I'd said it  or the reply I'd gotten poofed

LOL

Respected Contributor

Kachina624, A Turducken is a Turkey , a Duck, and A Chicken all inner twined, it can be ordered by your meat market. It is supposed to be very delicious, I first saw it on a Paula Deen Show Years ago. Just look up a Paula Deen or just look Up Food Channel .com. And You will find out how to make one.