Esteemed Contributor

I received a coupon code from HSN to use for Leap Day. I hadn't shopped the site for a long time, so I browsed around to see what new or exclusive items they might be offering. It actually made me laugh out loud when I found this—would you be brave enough to use it?

eggdispenser.png

P.S. The description assures buyers not to worry because "it's a gentle slope."  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

LOL..... no way.

Just no way at all!  LOL!!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

i'm guessing you fill it from bottom to top tier.  If you take one egg at a time from the bottom rack it's not a long way to roll. 

I never have that many eggs to store anyway.  I store them in the box they came in with the expiry date showing.

I have found though, that even eggs in the same box are varying levels of freshness using the water float method.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: a Leap Day laugh...

[ Edited ]

@candys mine - Even if the dispensing area right at the bottom works well, I'd worry about the whole contraption being bumped around or toppling over, easily breaking all the eggs and making a giant mess. And there's a reason eggs are stored in containers; those porous shells will take in any "aromas" wafting around the refrigerator. Onion-flavored eggs might be nice, but not in sugar cookies...  Smiley Happy

ETA: Loading the unit and transporting it to the fridge could also be perilous! I think this item is crying out for videos of it in action.

Respected Contributor

Have it & I'm very happy with it, easy access & eggs are secure. I'm using it tonight since having scrambled eggs for dinner, I'll pat myself on the back for being brave...lol.

Esteemed Contributor

@kitcat51 - I truly think you are brave to use this dispenser! Glad it's working for you.

Honored Contributor

I had an egg roller style dispenser for a while, although mine was more contained (the eggs were less exposed.)  I found the eggs didn't roll all that well, and it was a pain to "load" it.  I gave it away.

Honored Contributor

No.  It's best for the egg to stay in the carton if you want the quality to last.

Respected Contributor

I could just imagine someone tiredly reaching for eggs in the morning and having them all fly out like they're on a water slide Smiley LOL.  

Honored Contributor

@SportyShorty07 wrote:

I could just imagine someone tiredly reaching for eggs in the morning and having them all fly out like they're on a water slide Smiley LOL.  

@SportyShorty07 

Premium Photo | A dog with a surprised expression on its face