Honored Contributor

Re: Which items in your kitchen will be desirable vintage pieces in the future?

hot plates and some pot holders (I got at an estate sale). and my grandmother's milk pitcher.

Honored Contributor

Copper pots. I just got rid of all but 2 pieces of corning ware because I find I really don't use it much if ever any more.

Respected Contributor

Except for modern necessities,most of my kitchen is vintage now.
Trusted Contributor

I have a set of glazed pottery lidded soup bowls and a covered dish that my Mom bought back in the 50's. I have my grandmother's old three-legged iron cooking pot from the farmhouse where she raised twelve kids. I have a wonderful old stainless two-part coffee percolator, also from my Mom. It's a little like the one Puglet posted above.

Honored Contributor

Two tables, one being used as an island, each over one hundred years old, four Victorian high backed chairs with rush seats, a civil war stew pot, a butter churn from the 1800's, and all kinds of small antique kitchen tools on a wall.

Honored Contributor

I'm already using daily a vintage piece of kitchen equipment. I have the Oster Kitchen Center. I got it for my wedding 36 years ago. Its a mixer, bowls, blender, shredder, meat grinder all in one! I still use all the pieces all the time. Nothing has broken yet. Made in the USA!

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

LOL ... timely thread. i just dug out my kitchenaid mixer. (harvest gold, no less !!!) from the 70's. back in the day, i used it all the time to make bread. now i keep it boxed up in the garage, since i don't have room in my tiny kitchen. but whenever i need it (like just yesterday for making dough for xmas cookies) ... there it is ready and waiting! it's surely an oldie but a goodie.

Respected Contributor

Me, I guess. Heck, I'm already a desirable vintage piece!!

But I do have several things that were wedding gifts to me over 63 years ago. A very nice canister set - spun aluminum w/four pieces. And some really nice glasses heavy with gold trim. I have to hand wash them and only use them on special occasions. And a white Hobart mixer - the original Kitchen Aid.

Honored Contributor

On 12/18/2014 fancy pantsy said:

LOL ... timely thread. i just dug out my kitchenaid mixer. (harvest gold, no less !!!) from the 70's. back in the day, i used it all the time to make bread. now i keep it boxed up in the garage, since i don't have room in my tiny kitchen. but whenever i need it (like just yesterday for making dough for xmas cookies) ... there it is ready and waiting! it's surely an oldie but a goodie.

I've enjoyed all these responses! Thanks to everyone who posted Smile

You addressed what I was trying to ask in my OP. I don't always make myself clear. I was wondering which things we bought new that will be desirable antiques or nostalgic items in future years. Oddly enough, I have a set of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles plastic cups and plates from the 1980s. My boys were CRAZY about those turtles! Now that those kids are older and the Turtles are making a comeback, I've had several people ask me if I'd sell them. Who woulda thunk it? I only saved them because they bring back good memories for me.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

Me !!

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein