Honored Contributor

Where is the Temptations line made..which country? It simply says "imported". TIA

: )

Frequent Contributor

Re: Where is the Temptations line made..which country? It simply says ""imported"". TIA

It's made in China.
Frequent Contributor

Re: Where is the Temptations line made..which country? It simply says ""imported"". TIA

Every box that I receive say China, which explains why it is not as expensive as it could be.

New Contributor

I have seen the Temptations line in Home Goods, it is the same exact stuff but does not say Temptations. I have purchased from QVC & Home Goods, however,mi thought Tara said she invented it? Not sure that is true.
Regular Contributor

>Dreamer13.....I heard the exact same thing you did. I remember very well when Tara first started on the Q, she many times very plainly stated she "invented" the line (which at the time only consisted of one Old World green baking dish).

Honored Contributor

I think ceramic stoneware was invented way before Tara came to be. I have heard that term used on air as well, and I've noticed they have changed it to "Tara is the designer" of TT.

That is closer to the truth, but when you see the various pieces in TJ Maxx and other places that are so extremely similar, I think that term "designer" is being used pretty loosely as well. I think the factories in China have certain molds, designs and color schemes, and it is more a process of the "designer" putting together something that is really not very different than things other companies are releasing. This is just my opinion, based on all the very similar lines that pop up here and there.

Honored Contributor

On 2/13/2014 ladybuglainie said:

>Dreamer13.....I heard the exact same thing you did. I remember very well when Tara first started on the Q, she many times very plainly stated she "invented" the line (which at the time only consisted of one Old World green baking dish).

Maybe she meant the designs not the "stoneware" itself. Also, guess it was her idea (and her Mom's) to sell the pieces with the racks, trivet, and lid for storage. The original lids never fit correctly. I hardly remember her first pieces which I guess were a solid color. I know she says the green color was the first for Old World pattern.

Valued Contributor

On 2/13/2014 Daysdee said:

Maybe she meant the designs not the "stoneware" itself. Also, guess it was her idea (and her Mom's) to sell the pieces with the racks, trivet, and lid for storage. The original lids never fit correctly. I hardly remember her first pieces which I guess were a solid color. I know she says the green color was the first for Old World pattern.

Staying with the OP's question..Temp-tations are made in China. I went to The Temp-tations page here on the Q and took a quick look at the first page and the majority sets say they are "MIC", a few others say "imported" and the rest do not say at all.

I agree with Daysdee about saying that Tara & her mom invented the "design" for Temp-tations. I have also watched many many presentations of TT and unless in the last year Tara is saying something different, she has never said she invented stoneware but she did invent the "design of Temp-tations line" with the trivets & racks!

Honored Contributor

On 2/13/2014 gkelly5744 said:
On 2/13/2014 Daysdee said:

Staying with the OP's question..Temp-tations are made in China. I went to The Temp-tations page here on the Q and took a quick look at the first page and the majority sets say they are "MIC", a few others say "imported" and the rest do not say at all.

I agree with Daysdee about saying that Tara & her mom invented the "design" for Temp-tations. I have also watched many many presentations of TT and unless in the last year Tara is saying something different, she has never said she invented stoneware but she did invent the "design of Temp-tations line" with the trivets & racks!

And claiming to either invent or design the system that has dishes with racks and trivets or lid its, it also misleading. Pyrex, clear back in the 40's and 50's had racks with a number of their pieces. Corning Ware did as well, although neither line had as decorative a rack as is now available from TT.

I also had Peterboro baskets that were designed with stoneware inserts prior to Tara's original offerings when they came with wicker baskets and not the metal racks. In the 70's and 80's Pyrex had their glass bakers in a number of nicer wicker baskets as well. It appears to me from what research I've done, that Longaberger had a lid it with their stoneware 9x13 either before or at the same time as TT. If you surf the internet, there are endless choices of stoneware with rack systems.

In reality, Tara took an already existing "technology" if you will, and built a company around it. And I never hear Tara herself say she was the "inventor", but I have heard many a host over the years use that terminology. Recently, the term used has changed to "designer". QVC always wants you to think they have the latest, most original and innovative products on the market. Oftentimes, that is less than true.

Regular Contributor

mominohio, ITA with everything you said. I got married in '78 and had received pyrex casserole dishes that came in a wicker basket. Also have the old pyrex casseroles with the flat glass lids . I always thought TT reminded me of that concept.

BTW, I'm a mom in Ohio too!