Trusted Contributor

Where do you store your Lock & Lock?

For Christmas I got gifted 2 sets of 20 piece Lock & Lock storange containers.  I now have over 150 pieces and have no more space to store more Lock & Lock in my kitchen pantry.

Any suggestions?  Where do you keep yours?  

My New Year resolution is to get rid of clutter.

Thanks.

Hung

Valued Contributor

Re: Where do you store your Lock & Lock?

The ones I use frequently I have in a kitchen cabinet.  I also keep some in my pantry.  I must confess I have way too many plastic type containers and some are also stored in my basement.  The ones that are not in my kitchen might be brought out around the holidays when extra containers are needed.  Not all are lock and lock.  I also save cheap plastic containers for food I give away or take to someone's house because I don't want to lose the expensive containers I have purchased. 

Honored Contributor

I have a lot of Lock & Lock too, accumulated over the years.

Most of my smaller ones stay in the kitchen and the larger pieces and excess goes on shelving in my laundry room.

I also use lock & lock for storing other household/bathroom/beauty, etc. items.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

in kitchen cabinets.  

Honored Contributor

Oh my, 150 pieces??  You must do a lot of cooking.  Don't some of the sets nest so that storage space is minimized?

Honored Contributor

Upper kitchen cabinet, plastics on top shelf, lids on bottom shelf

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Can you see where they're hiding?

In addition, I have a shelf in my garage for the larger ones.

IMG_0146.JPG

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

I think I’ve got as much as you have, maybe more. I store the smaller pieces and several of the nesting bowl sets that we use on a regular basis in the kitchen (which is a galley/small kitchen). We have pull-out drawers in the cabinets above our wall oven and refrigerator, so that’s where I store those that I don’t use all the time, but still want to keep handy. The bigger pieces (like the appetizer carrier, pie carrier, etc.) that I use for special occasions are in a readily accessible place in the basement. The rest are in Sterlite containers in the basement. 

I do most of my grocery shopping at BJ’s and store many of my staple foods in Lock and Lock containers. I also use them to hold cake and cookie decorations that I mainly use at Christmas. Just when I thought I couldn’t possibly use any more Lock and Lock containers, I bought several of the glass ones that Chris and Leah presented this morning. 

I will say say that the Lock and Lock set of 2 thermoses are some of the best around and QVC has the best prices on them. There’s no glass in them and they clean up very easily with a bottle brush. 

Honored Contributor

@house_cat  I like that idea, I'll have to get some bin type containers and store my l&l like that. Right now, I have it thrown in baskets under a table where everyone can see how disorganized I am.LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I store in large storage bins with lids on the bottom shelf of my pantry shelf.  I have been slowly tossing the ones that are very old (its killing me because they still work but are very discolored) -- I have too many that's for sure!!!

I like my "nesting" style wish there was a solution for all the lids. I did like the "color" dot on the bottom of the one set making it easier to find the lids -- I have mostly the same color!!  It's like a puzzle finding the right tops!!! lol

It would be nice if LNL offered smaller sets!  I used to have a friend who would split the cost & containers with me but she no longer lives here.

I started buying Snapware glass containers -- they are nice but I certainly don't have a selection like I do in my plastic LNL.