Honored Contributor

Re: When Was The Last Time You Used This?

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

I use it to mash bananas when I make banana nut bread or muffins. Mine looks similar to the one @Ronettes & @sunshine45 posted. 

@Nightowlz 

I used my shortening cutter.

Farberware Soft Grips Pastry Blender with Stainless Steel Blades and Black Handle, Standard Size, Hand Wash

@ECBG 

I used to use that until I tried the potato masher with holes. It was pretty quick.

Honored Contributor

Thank you all ladies!  I got a Kitchen Aid and have a long history with them as a retired Home Economics teacher.

Sometimes there is a surprise front runner in items that is an outstanding design, like my electric knife.  I went to a store and held each one that fit my hand; some were very heavy.  It's a Black and Decker; going strong after 20 years!

Thank you again!Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I use it all the time. Only pull out hand mixer when I have a large group over for dinner.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Regular Contributor

I use mine the most for mashing bananas to make banana bread for the grandkids or to make sugar free banana oatmeal muffins for myself and other friends who don't eat sugar.  Rarely make any mashed potatoes anymore, but do use them to do the smashed roasted baby red potatoes in the oven.  I have the same circular one that was posted only mine has a stainless steel handle.  Not vintage, but probably 20 years old.

Honored Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

When I used to cook I would use that type masher. Now I rarely eat mashed potatoes, but when I do I buy Bob Evans.

@catter70 

We really like Main Street products.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG , I think that's what my sister eats. She always ate Bob Evans, but the price went up, so she changed.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow, that brings back memories. My mother always used it to mash potatoes. I still have one but never think of using it. It sits in my drawer. 

Honored Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

@ECBG , I think that's what my sister eats. She always ate Bob Evans, but the price went up, so she changed.

@catter70 

I buy several when they come around in the store sale rotation.

Respected Contributor

ll the time.  Last Saturday to mash Bananas for quick bread.  Sunday for mashed potato.  I like this style better than the waffle grid kind.  That kind mashes too fast and small for my liking.  I like to control the size of the chunks myself.

Esteemed Contributor

I always used an emmersion blender but my niece liked it more than I did so it disappeared so I ended up buying a regular masher.