Respected Contributor
Making oven fried boneless chicken breast to turn into chicken parmesan. Serving that over angel hair pasta and with garlic bread and tossed green salad.

Finally made it to the grocery. Can't believe how some of the prices have risen. But I am very strict to buy needs not wants as best as I can. I just don't know how families with children manage.
Honored Contributor

My husband had the last appt of the day in his VA clinic, so we decided to drive thru Arby's on our way home.  

Honored Contributor

@MOMMAVik, I thought of you when I was buying a 14 oz. cherry Kringle at the grocery store. They were on sale for $5.99 so I felt the need to treat myself.

Respected Contributor
@RetRN, That is a deal & I love cherry! I hope you like it. We find it freezes well, tightly wrapped; of course, it doesn't stick around here long enough to make it to the freezer 🙄.
Valued Contributor

I got DH a subway sandwich because our grandson had a baseball game.  I had the old trusted Raisin Bran.  Lol

@lynnie61 that salad does sound good!

@MOMMAVik  prices are crazy!   When I do my Sam's Club run every couple of weeks I get things to help out the kids.  I know they appreciate it. But it saddens me with how prices have increased every time I go to the store.  

@kate2357 remember carrot cake is a veggie😉

Have a good night everyone!

Trusted Contributor

Out for Happy hour dinner last night; chopped salads and deep fried zucchini! Yums!

kinda bad this week: Grilled cheese on sourdough and tomato basil soup tonight.

fish Friday - hopefully decent halibut in store!

Esteemed Contributor

@MOMMAVik 

Gosh chicken parmesan sounds good. I don't remember the last time I made that dish. I need to get it into rotation.  I have all the ingredients. 

We had grilled halibut with chimichurri sauce, orzo salad and asparagus for dinner.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Trusted Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

@MOMMAVik 

Gosh chicken parmesan sounds good. I don't remember the last time I made that dish. I need to get it into rotation.  I have all the ingredients. 

We had grilled halibut with chimichurri sauce, orzo salad and asparagus for dinner.

Do you purchase chimichurri or make? I buy at Trader Joes.  Haven tried on halibut, usually salmon.  Will try if I find decent halibut tomorrow.

Respected Contributor

Ordering from the Italian restaurant across the street before we head to our beach house for the weekend.  Tomorrow is the annual meeting for our development and they pass out the annual pool bands.  We are also going to clean up the screened porch and replace filters.  Oldest DD, her dog and her friends are staying there for Memorial day weekend so we want the place to be ready for the summer season.  

I will be ordering stuffed meatballs for dinner. 

Honored Contributor

We decided to go simple today - bacon, eggs, roasted Brussels sprouts.

Here's some pictures of the succulent project I mentioned the other day.

IMG_3538.jpeg             

IMG_3539.jpeg