Honored Contributor

Re: What's Cooking in July - already July???

Image result for group hugs images gif

Wrap around Wednesday.  Hugs to all.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

@Preds wrote:

Image result for group hugs images gif

Wrap around Wednesday.  Hugs to all.

@Preds And Hugs to you dear Preds

Respected Contributor

Morning All, looks like storms coming in, hope so, we really need the rain.  Not much going on here today, just the usual, only me for supper so it's probably some leftovers.

@Winifred, have missed you, hope you're feeling better, & your "tenants" are doing their share around the house, I know how frustrating it can be.

@Soushi24, glad you stopped by & do understand your feelings, it's a long road to travel but you'll make it, didn't think I would but time does dull the pain, so hang in there & drop by whenever you feel up to it

Hope all have a good day

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy thursday funny pics

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Have to mention that the little one almost, kind of has a tooth. I think she is starting with bunny rabbit teeth, two on top in the front. LOL. One is through or almost thru. Poor thing she has waited long enough - she is going on 11 months now. She sure is good about it. Day before yesterday she was a little fussy but just whining - kind of - she is indeed an angel. She continues to sleep so very well - all night long - always has done this.

This morning am picking up Ricky, and have several errands on tap - Shannon IS SUPPOSE to return as one trip I cannot take Ricky - that is the trip for the little one to visit her father.

Getting hotter and hotter = AGAIN - probably may hit 100 in a couple days. As usual I wish the humidity would disappear but it came back with a vengeance. Do not like that as I have trouble breathing.

Ate well again, last night, made a boiled egg sandwich, had onion flavored chips as a go with. LOL. Guess for sure I must cook something for tonight - I will - I promise - but not sure what. By the way did get the remainder of the Fettuccine and chicken pasta in the freezer. Not much left but it will not go to waste. I made a ton of it and I munched on it for several days. It was really good.

Hope more stop by - as usual Preds, thanks for your greetings. Mousiegirl, scuse me, I mentioned that Soushi had gone thru newspaper clippings from her Mother - I KNOW it was you, guess I was so excited to see Soushi I just kept rattling on.

Hope one and all have a great day.

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy friday images

Respected Contributor

Thanks for getting us started today Preds - you always do a great job.

I DID get in the kitchen last evening. Pulled a pizza out of the freezer and put it in the oven. LOL. Well, it was hotter than you know what late yesterday and it tasted really good. Today suppose to be even hotter. Do not like that. Need to start thinking about putting something in the slow cooker - only way to cook in this heat. Definitely a good meal this evening.

Hope one and all are doing well.

Trusted Contributor

13700006_732213683586673_2348957454863728017_n.jpg

Honored Contributor

When I prepared ribs a week ago, I only sauced what we were eating that night as there were three racks, bought at Costco, but I cooked all of them.  This week, I removed the meat from them, and last night made tacos.  There is still more meat so will use that over the weekend in tacos or burritos.

I grill the corn tortillas on the gas flame, sometimes flour, small home made type, very different than the large regular.   I buy a specific corn tortilla for frying, and the home made for grilling.

Tonight will be spaghetti and meatballs or meat sauce, whatever I feel like by that time of day.  I pulled a container of my sauce from the freezer so at least won't have to make that.  We are having very nice weather, so a hot meal, which DH likes, will work tonight.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Respected Contributor

In the late 80s, our Press Foreman, was quite the cook - he did ALL the home cooking - and he was good. He made the greatest tortillas. I was at his house one evening and he showed me his tortilla cooker. I was floored. He later gave me one and for years I started cooking those things like crazy. Was thinking about it a few weeks back and so far I cannot find it. I cannot imagine giving it away but perhaps I did. It was so unique - electric, like a waffle maker but shaped strangely. Those were the best tortillas. He made those and also fixed garlic cloves in a clay cooker. The combo was the best ever appetizer - could not stop eating either.