Respected Contributor

What's Cooking for March 2020

I looked and could not find a new March - I hope there wasn't. If so just ignore this one. LOL

Nasty day here in Sou Cal today - cold and wet - all day long. Still drizzling outside - not pouring at all but still really wet.

Not feeling good at all - haven't for a couple days so no great cooking at all. Did have some bagels and cream cheese for breakfast. Did not feel up to it but really wanted some Cream of Broccoli soup from Bob's Big Boy. In my opinion that is the best I have ever found. So went up and got a bowl and of course ordered some garlic toast as a go with. Super good and came home and collapsed feel heavenly. Well kind of. LOL

Hope all of you had a great day.

Honored Contributor

Re: What's Cooking for March 2020

Chili and grilled cheese for us today.  

Trusted Contributor

Orange chicken and fried rice. It was from the freezer section, but really good.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been into soups lately.  Spring Garden (or is it Garden Vegetable) from WW recipe. French onion from Geoffrey Z's recipe on The Kitchen and occasionally split pea. 

Was planning on eating less meat this week and the best items at the grocery store turned out to be mostly beef. Oh well. 

But I am going to experiment with making Favio Vivani's meatballs with half turkey and half beef. 

Respected Contributor

Grilled cheese with tomato basil soup.

Respected Contributor

LifelsGood, glad you spoke up. Also hope we will see you more often. Hope things are well with you. I am just never sick but for about 2 years, I have had quite a bit to deal with. It has been difficult for me based on the fact I had things so very easy for so very long. Cannot complain however, as I was blessed - for sure. Just difficult for this old stubborn female to not be able to do anything I want to do. I am not alone however.

Got really cold tonight and windy. Hasn't stopped the feathered ones from flitting about however - that is good. More food will be necessary tomorrow for that group.

Speaking of food I fixed a roast in the slow cooker with green peppers cut up, cut onion, broccoli and baby carrots ALSO corn.  And I wound up eating alone - Davey went to a friends home for dinner - did not mind except he told me when he was leaving. Told him it was just plain good manners to let me know early on - would NEVER have fixed that big pot of food for just myself. He knew I was cooking it - you could smell it all over the house. So many of the young ones this day and time are just plain rude. I guess that is enough said.

Sleep well everyone.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I grilled burgers outside today. Weather was so pleasant. Put salsa and chips with it as that's all I had. Did some work outside. Trimmed up some bushes and poked around in my shed to see what flower pots I had.

Respected Contributor

Today is sunny and 45 degrees.Having baked potatoes and steak on the grill.Also made a 3 bean salad.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

LifelsGood, how nice you are. thank you. Took my Great Grand Davey to DMV. He passed his written exam, only missing one, and they will not give him a driving exam right away. Times have changed. Our schools no longer offer Driver's Ed - been many a year since they did. So he is given a permit and must drive??? then go n for his driving test - calling first for an apointment - they would do an appointment for the written test.I was proud of him to only miss one question. Now to get the driving test done. Since he will be learning his name goes on my insurance papers but since he is in the learning stage, no increase in the cost. If he passes to drive - that will have to be another story so we shall see.

Fixed a big pot roast last night with baby carrots, broccoli, bell peppers, corn and onions. Super delicious.

Hope all had a great day and even better tomorrow.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Served  medium rare roast beef with garlic mashed potaotes and sauteed spinach and garlic.

Wow we ate real well......Simply delicious.