Respected Contributor

Does anyone else think QVC needs to be more transparent as to where its fish is sourced from?   I know I will not purchase any seafood from China or Indonesia. Why doesnt QVC make it known where the fish is coming from ?   If they dont say anyhing I dont buy it.

Respected Contributor

Ewwwww wouldn't care where it's from...not ordering seafood 'by mail'....

Esteemed Contributor

I've heard it during every fish presentation.  Lobster from Me - white fish from clear water ?? and through Roseli (the steak guy).  Go and play a few videos of past shows.  Can't fault QVC for this one.

Esteemed Contributor

DEFINITELY!

Got some shrimp few years ago - they were bogus.

Many years ago they sold crab cakes which were from Maryland.  Excellent product.  But, the vendors decided to buy them from China or someplace and they became GROSS!  I believe QVC fired them.  ure they gave out a lot of refunds.  Haven't bought a crabcake from them since.....

Respected Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

DEFINITELY!

Got some shrimp few years ago - they were bogus.

Many years ago they sold crab cakes which were from Maryland.  Excellent product.  But, the vendors decided to buy them from China or someplace and they became GROSS!  I believe QVC fired them.  ure they gave out a lot of refunds.  Haven't bought a crabcake from them since.....

I only buy my cran cakes from Graham and Rollins.  They use pure Maryland crab.  Many import the cheap stuff from China to save money.  I wouldnt touch it with a 10 foot pole.  Graham and Rollins # 1..  The brand you referred to was called Chesapeake Bay. They went bankrupt I believe.  

Esteemed Contributor

Most local grocers in medium to large cities have fresh seafood and can tell you where the seafood comes from. My favorite grocer will also cook (steam) any piece of fresh seafood for their customers. I would never buy seafood online, but that's just me.

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever JUST TO CORRECT THE RECORD...........G & R ARE ALIVE AND WELL.  THEIR WEBSITE IS A BEAUTIFUL DISPLAY OF THEIR SEAFOOD.  The one that got in trouble was a husband and wife team...........sold product on Q  many years ago.

I don't like dis-information so please take note of these facts.

thank you

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@Reever JUST TO CORRECT THE RECORD...........G & R ARE ALIVE AND WELL.  THEIR WEBSITE IS A BEAUTIFUL DISPLAY OF THEIR SEAFOOD.  The one that got in trouble was a husband and wife team...........sold product on Q  many years ago.

I don't like dis-information so please take note of these facts.

thank you

@fthunt She is saying she only buys G&R. She said the husband and wife team sold the bad ones. Please read her post again.

Honored Contributor

I believe the reason QVC got rid of Chesapeake Bay crab people was because they were posting scads of fake reviews.  I don't remember anything about their product coming from China.  I had one batch from them, flavor was good, but product had very little crabmeat.  

Contributor

I will sat I have ordered many times the Egg Harbor salmon and the baramundi fish from QVC both arrived frozen and tasted awesome..excellent product.