Honored Contributor

Re: What is your kitchen pet peeve?

@AKgirl2 wrote:
  1. I'm Clutter, especially in the kitchen, as well as dishes in and around the sink...dishwasher or not, get 'me done!

Litter box(es) not cleaned on daily basis 

Dirty kitchen floors

@AKgirl2

Do you keep litterboxes in your kitchen?

Honored Contributor

Mine are probably really dumb...

Don't put the wet, soapy sponge on the drain board and put the condiments back in the fridge on the shelf you took them off.

Respected Contributor

heck no!  I have a great space for it in the laundry room.

Respected Contributor

<We always use a cover in our microwave to avoid splatters.  Such an easy thing to do to avoid a huge mess.>

Amen !

Where I worked several would not cover items like meat or things with oils and the mess did not seem to phase them. All it takes to prevent that is covering.

I believe I am OCD when it comes to wiping water splashes around the sink and counter. I also detest finding DH rinsed a dish and left little pieces in the strainer instead of banging it into the garbage disposal.

I may leave a few dishes in the sink until the last meal of the day , but have to be sick or something  to not clear things by evening. I hate coming into the kitchen with anything out of place in the a.m.

Honored Contributor

My #1 kitchen pet peeve - after hours in the kitchen, I finally clean up the last detail and turn out the light.  So often, it is at that moment that my grown son walks in and announces that he's going to cook himself something.  He lives with us and cleans up after himself, but I rarely get the satifaction of seeing the kitchen tidied up and lovely. It seems like it's always in use.  I'm otherwise an agreeable person, but this makes me nuts.

~ house cat ~
Contributor

I live with my son and his wife, she never cooks, really can/t cook and she is always rearranging the cabinets, utensils. I do most of the cooking along with my son.She even rearranges the refrigerator contents, everything is lined up on the shelves like a grocery store. If me or my son move anything in the fridg. she jumps up and does the same crazy rearranging thing. She really drives us nuts at times.

Honored Contributor

@zelda girl wrote:

I live with my son and his wife, she never cooks, really can/t cook and she is always rearranging the cabinets, utensils. I do most of the cooking along with my son.She even rearranges the refrigerator contents, everything is lined up on the shelves like a grocery store. If me or my son move anything in the fridg. she jumps up and does the same crazy rearranging thing. She really drives us nuts at times.

Yikes! I don't blame you! This would really test my sanity :-(

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

When I had two teenage boys, I would leave a clutter-free sink with no dirty dishes just sitting there, go out and meet with clients, come home, and find the sink looking like a family of at least six had eaten there

I still get peeved about DH leaving dishes in the sink after I think I've gotten the last one into the dishwasher and the machine is running. 

BUT, on the other hand, I don't want anyone else  loading the dishwasher, because I will  compulsively just go right behind them and rearrange the load. 

Therefore, I can't complain about dishes in the sink.  I've had years to get used to this impasse.

Oddly enough, I don't mind loading a dishwasher nearly as much as I loathe emptying it and putting things away.  For some reason, I detest that job, which seems like it never ends.

Respected Contributor

i'm the only one who properly stores plastic ware in their designated space in two drawers.  i hate when it is just thrown in there all scattered.

the microwave. why why must he re-heat everything to inferno temps until the food pops and explodes!!!

science experiments in the fridge. don't save two tablespoons of chili way in the back where i'm too short to easily see it.

Contributor

Some people...and I'm one of them...don't like anyone loading their dishwasher......I have a certain way I like to load it.