Esteemed Contributor

What is your kitchen pet peeve?

One night we visited friends for dinner and were served hot dogs. I love hot dogs, not complaining. When she sat the condiments on the table, the top of her mustard jar was 'black'!  Didn't phase her!

I may do other disturbing things in my kitchen, but you will never find a jar or bottle with a 'black' or caked top!

What upsets you in the kitchen?

Honored Contributor

Re: What is your kitchen pet peeve?

eww! 

Mine is when someone puts dishes in the sink! Are they going to transfer themselves to the dishwasher? No. Or start scrubbing themselves? No, they are not.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

What makes me crazy is not being able to find that perfect utensil. You know the one you bought specifically for a certain recipe, I can't wait to use it. Where the heck is it???? And I live alone, so who can I blame, LOL.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

eww! 

Mine is when someone puts dishes in the sink! Are they going to transfer themselves to the dishwasher? No. Or start scrubbing themselves? No, they are not.

I agree, especially visiting family.  The dishwasher is right next to the sink, put them where they belong!!!

Super Contributor

I do not drink coffee, but my husband does.  He seems to drip some in the sink everyday, which leaves stains in my white sink... everyday. Hazard of making coffee is what he calls it.  UGHHH!

Super Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

@on the bay wrote:

eww! 

I agree, especially visiting family.  The dishwasher is right next to the sink, put them where they belong!!!

Funny, this does not bother me at all.  I just load the dishwaher after the evening meal.

Super Contributor

Mine is not putting cooking utensils back where they belong. I have a small kitchen with drawer organizers. Certain utensils fit better together so there's a place for everything, and everything in its' place.

Honored Contributor

Pets peeving in the kitchen.

Honored Contributor

Definitely dishes in the sink.  Drives me nuts.

Honored Contributor

I like stuff to be put where it's supposed to be.  That spans my house, but in the kitchen I especially like that nobody else uses that room (except to pass through), so I can keep everything where, and HOW, I want it to be.

Also, if a drawer or cabinet is not closed all the way that will bother me.

Also (shouldn't have gotten me started!), food that is not properly stored.  Everything food-wise in my house is either in L&L or vacuum-sealed.  

I remember ages ago, going out with a man and in his house or apartment I would see stuff that would gross me  out - like food just sitting out in the open, or a plate of food in the refrigerator that's just sitting there uncovered and not somehow sealed up.  That just makes me gag.