Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 @GenXmuse @camelot 

Mmmmmm.. Home grown, warm from the sun, tomatoes.  For the best flavor when ripening, use a brown paper bag for a few days to hold the gas the tomatoes give off.

Highlighted
Contributor

This sounds great.  I never thought to put creamed spinach over pasta and am going to try it.

Esteemed Contributor

Mac & cheese - grandson visiting 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

@MOMMAVik   You and your DH have a good new year also.

The youngest "sweet cat", Petunia was doing crazy cat runs through the house at 2:30 this morning.  She wasn't real popular so say the least.  lol

Valued Contributor

Was at work but had a trusty peanut butter sandwich & a box of raisins to get me thru.

Respected Contributor

Re: What Was/Is For Lunch?

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2 ~ Leftovers!  My son brought over takeout (for my bday) from our favorite Thai restaurant, Penang curry with crispy tofu. This is a favorite of ours. 🥰

Honored Contributor

I can hardly wait!  (I don't eat lunch until somewhere btwn 2:30 and 3:30pm)

I took out some of the sliced turkey breast that I made last month and will make a grilled turkey and cheese sandwich.  I love this so much, but it can't just be some sliced turkey you buy in the store, pre-packaged.  It has to be some turkey you roasted and sliced yourself.     

I use some nice sliced sharp cheddar (not the individually wrapped ones but the other Kraft ones that are not indiv. wrapped) and for bread I use the same whole grain with seeds bread that I use for other things.   Butter on the outsides and cooked nice and golden brown.

BTW, I also love grilled ham and cheese sandwich too!  Smiley Happy

Lunch is my big meal, then I eat something really small for dinnner around 7pm, just so I can take the vitamins that I take at that time.

Honored Contributor

Today’s lunch:

Kettle & Fire Chicken Bone Broth w/nutritional yeast added

Slice of thick bacon 

1 HB egg, sprinkled with Everything Bagel Seasoning 

1/2 of an avocado 

6 grape tomatoes 

Costco Keto ice cream bar