Esteemed Contributor

I skipped lunch in lieu of the evening appetizer spread and desserts planned for later this evening.🎉{263+ Best} Happy New Year 2021 Wishes Greetings For Friends and Family Members - Happy New Year 2021.jpg

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

I'm on a kale bender.

Kale, roasted tomatoes, 1 piece of non gmo chicken tender dressed in Herb de provence EVOO & Wild Cherry balsamic vinegar, sprinkled w/ turmeric & black pepper

& apple tart for dessert.

Supper ~ champagne cheddar cheese, herb crackers, wild cherry jam & turtles for dessert-dessert.

Honored Contributor

Hot, steamy WW cabbage soup with tomatoes, onions, and mushrooms.

Esteemed Contributor

@MOMMAVik   I love BLTs & love a good chicken noodle soup.  Nothing like a bowl of hot soup on a cold snowy day.

Good lunch idea.

DD made hot chocolate the other night with Penzeys cocoa and she put a little cinnamon in it. It was great.

I'm with you on snow too. A little for Christmas and then 70 the next day until spring. lol

Respected Contributor
@Retired Legal Secretary
Love soup too. The soup today was leftover from matzo ball soup except DH polished off the few that were left before I got one so I had to quick boil some noodles!

I will have to try some cinnamon in my cocoa next time. I like cinnamon apple tea.

Have a nice New Year's with your DD & sweet little cats you write about!
Respected Contributor

@camelot wrote:

@rockygems123 wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

I haven't eaten anything today but I might have a tomato sandwich or some soup. 

@GenXmuse Tomato sandwiches are great.  I recently made a tomato galette with dijon and gruyere cheese, delicious.

Yes, tomato sandwiches are great in season. Now, not so muchSmiley Sad

@camelot  I haven't noticed much difference with the tomatoes on the vine throughout the year.  Heirlooms are still abundant too, was shocked about that one!

Respected Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

I went to Costco, so the famous $1.60 hot dog and Diet Pepsi.

@queendiva 

Oh yum!  Hope you enjoyed it.  A friend of mine and I have a long running birthday tradition to get a Costco hot dog & soda.  We went one year near his birthday and I said jokingly this is your birthday present ha.  

Esteemed Contributor

I made pizza bread on an Italian loaf, and a couple of pieces of garlic cheese bread....I cook one meal a day, so that was today's meal!

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@camelot wrote:

@rockygems123 wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

@GenXmuse Tomato sandwiches are great.  I recently made a tomato galette with dijon and gruyere cheese, delicious.

@camelot  I haven't noticed much difference with the tomatoes on the vine throughout the year.  Heirlooms are still abundant too, was shocked about that one!

I've been pretty pleased with the tomatoes that I've found too! I wouldn't eat them otherwise. 

Super Contributor

Re: What Was/Is For Lunch?

[ Edited ]

@rockygems123 wrote:

@camelot wrote:

@rockygems123 wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

rockygems123, there is no mistaking a ripe, red, warm tomato  home grown, off the vine in the summer months. All others, grocery store, taste like cardboard. Treat yourself to a farmer's market freshly grown, picked tomato this summerSmiley Happy It's truly one of life's pleasures.