Respected Contributor

What's cooking in December 2020?

If anyone already started this, please ignore this and stay on the one you did. I could not find another one. Pooky1, I just noticed you did come back. Was so very worried about you and yours. You were missed. I have not been on as much but then these days figure I am fortunate just to move. When one gets ancient things do have a tendency to go downhill.

Yesterday David and a couple friend worked on the fruitless mulberry trees. They almost finished them but NOW have to chop the limbs up so we can put them out each week.  In the old days we just piled them out of the house in front. trash people came by and picked it all up and tossed it in the truck. We use to put out a pitchfork to make it easier for them. Now they give you two containers - most only have one but when this garbage company started they offered everyone two for the price of one. Thank goodness. If you want two now you have to pay an arm and a leg for the second one.

Fixed a roast with asian veggies the other day in the slow cooker. Healthy and easy. Have a lot left over.

Hello to everyone and to Pooky1 a BIG welcome back. Hope you get everything attended to so we can see you each day.

Respected Contributor

Re: What's cooking in December 2020?

As little as possible .....

Esteemed Contributor

Eating inside a restaurant and taking the leftovers home.

Honored Contributor

Last night I made a twice baked loaded cauliflower casserole.  It was a tasty accompaniment to our steak made on our Ninja Grill. I always Grill an extra steak so tonight we’ll have that on a dinner salad.  Leftover cauliflower will be used between lunch and another dinner. 

Respected Contributor

Shame on me for not stopping by sooner. Am really getting bad about this - sorry, do not mean to do it. You get old and feeble and things really change don';t they?

Fix some mixed veggies with orange chicken - that is easy to fix and always good. The long and lengthy cooking chores are about gone - needs to be fast and easy and still tasty.

Cold out here in Sou Cal - hope all stay warm.

Respected Contributor

ReaRe: What's cooking in December 2020?

Good morning everyone. Winifred I realized I can go on qvc and the blog from my cell phone. I get what you say about yard recycling. They didn't give out bins for yard waste. We can use anything and just write tardy recycling on it or we can buy paper bags for yard waste. But we have no limit . we can put out as much as we want. The regular garbage and recycle big bins we got one of each.  Its enough for 3 of us but if you want more there 110 bucks each if you want more of them.  Yesterday for lunch I had a piece of bread with roasted red peppers and had made. For supper we had tacos and Asian noodles from a Lipton package.both were very good. And last night ria made  crinkle cookies in red and green. She has one cookie left .cinnamon twist. And anna will make wine biscuits.l were looking at like a foot of snow tonight. Hope everyone is doing well and thank you all for wondering where I was and if we were OK.

Respected Contributor

Re: ReaRe: What's cooking in December 2020?

Glad to see you up and moving Pooky1. We were really worried about you all and so relieved to see everyone is OK. You just never know any more.

I fixed fried cabbage last night with cornbread. Super good but did NOT fix enough cabbage. I realized the head was small but it was the biggest thing they had???!!! Oh well, the cornbread was super good.. TAlked Shannon into mixing the cornbread stuff and putting it in the oven. Worked like a charm.I really hate not being able to do what I always did. What can I say.

Going to be another cold day but heard nothing about the winds - thank goodness for that.

Have a great day everyone.

Respected Contributor

Hope everyone is well and more of the same for tomorrow. LOL

Stay warm.

Trusted Contributor

Today I'm making mac & cheese in the Instant Pot and finding a way to use leftover broccoli/cauliflower mix.  I made a nice salmon salad yesterday and cheese-filled breadsticks.

I'm thawing out some frozen ground beef and looking through my recipes/pantry for tomorrow's concoction.

Honored Contributor

Homemade pulled pork BBQs with slaw for us today.