Super Contributor

Re: What Tea Are You Enjoying Now?

Reneta, this is the recipe I use.  It makes alot of mix, but you could easily cut it down/to try it out. . .FRIEINDSHIP TEA MIX   In a large container stir together:  4  8qt containers of sugar sweetened orange juice mix (ie TANG), 1  8qt  container of sweetened lemonade mix (ie Countrytime), 8 cups sugar, 1  3oz container instant tea, 3 t ground cloves, 8 t ground cinnamon.  Store this mixture in a covered, dry container.  Stir into cup of hot water to desired strength (start with a couple of teaspoons full of mix to a cup of boiling water).

Honored Contributor

@LilLadyNJ wrote:

I've been enjoying Harney and Sons tea lately. My favorite is the Earl Grey and I like the Paris optin as well. I use the loose leaf teas and my all-time favorite was the Teavna Maharajah spice tea and I haven't been able to find a substitute.

@LilLadyNJ You might send an e-mail to Cultured Cup or ELmwood Inn tea to see if they carry something like it.  Both have good about answering e-mails for me.  Upton Tea might as well--they have hundreds of teas!  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I rarely drink tea, but when I do it's  oolong, to me it's not what brand of tea it is, but how the tea is brewed. I always follow the directions on the box and the always tastes great.

Trusted Contributor

@lork, thank you so much for the recipe. ❤️
Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I rarely drink tea, but when I do it's  oolong, to me it's not what brand of tea it is, but how the tea is brewed. I always follow the directions on the box and the always tastes great.

@blackhole99 Check out those I listed above--Upton Tea and the others have good descriptions and LOTS of selections for oolongs!  They are very good, many of them.

Honored Contributor

Right now I am having a sachet of Harney Organic Assam. It is good, not tannic at all, but very bland.  It doesn't have much flavor or characteristic maltiness of an Assam.

Contributor

Kirkland brand green tea right now and also love Earl Grey!

Honored Contributor

@Catlady Nicole wrote:

@just bee you are psychic!  I just tried a sample of the Victorian London Fog and loved it!!  I do enjoy floral and fruity teas.  I'm a big fan of bergamot.  I'm going to try the Dragon Pearl Jasmine you mentioned next.  I really enjoy the blends Harney offers, it makes tea drinking fun Smiley Very Happy

@Catlady Nicole 

Have you tried the Dragon Pearl yet?

I just finished a mug.  After three mugs of Victorian London Fog...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Super Contributor

@just bee  I just brewed a cup, finally!  It's a little more floral than I care for, but it's still enjoyable!  I may mix it with something else and see how that goes too!

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~
Honored Contributor

@Catlady Nicole wrote:

@just bee  I just brewed a cup, finally!  It's a little more floral than I care for, but it's still enjoyable!  I may mix it with something else and see how that goes too!

@Catlady Nicole 

Let me know how it works out!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~