Respected Contributor

Re: What Tea Are You Enjoying Now?

STASH FUSION GREEN & WHITE

TAZO ZEN

TWINNING OOLONG

Respected Contributor

TYPHOO-Black tea from World Market. Not bitter at all. 

Trusted Contributor

Right now, I am still enjoying my Christmas teas.  I have some from both Murchies and Fortnum & Mason. (Murchies has more orange in it, F&M more spice).
They are particularly good with Panettone.  I also like with a simple buttery shortbread biscuit.

Morning tea is usually:

Murchies Ceylon Extra Superior, (perfect with cinnamon toast)

Mariages Freres French Breakfast or

Mariages Freres Paris Breakfast.

(If I have sausages for breakfast, I like

Murchies Irish Breakfast.
Assam or Assam blends work well with Sausage! And if pancakes, especially buckwheat pancakes, are on the plate, all the better!)

Afternoon tea is usually Fortnum & Mason Darjeeling Blend, a single estate second flush Darjeeling such as Margaret's Hope or Castleton

or, currently, one of my aforementioned Christmas teas. Afternoon teatime is my favourite time of day.  So relaxing and calming. 

Not a big Fruit teas fan except when iced.  Mariages Freres or Murchies apricot and Murchies black currant are my favourites. 

I have not developed a taste for the green teas that taste like grass or veggies.  I do have a green tea with jasmine that I like though. 

Honored Contributor

@skittles2 wrote:

I have various medical conds: number of autoimmune disease, had a stroke, have premalignant bone marrow cells, high cholesetrol....that's enough, right- you'd think...

so abundant with INFLAMMATION.

I studied what I could do to help with inflammation besides taking Rx's: deep green veges-broccoli, omegas-salmon, olive oil, ( my fav meal and I eat it sometimes everyday is Salmom & broccoli , no carb, but sometimes would add quinoa or faroe)  and  Green tea.

10 years ago I decided I would drink cold, decaf green tea all day long. I strive for at least 64oz, strive...but I do get at least 48oz. If I drink just water I'll barely get 12oz.

I hated green tea, but gave myself 1 month to try every brand I could get my hands on...I bought from grocery stores, tea shops, online specialty, bagged, loose-  tested many brands a day- I had 63 choices. After the month was up the winner was Lipton Decaf Green, nothing added. 

I'm still using Lipton, with the occassional loose. I started out boiling the water, did that for 3 years until I read NIH and Hopkins studies that cold water is better because it retains the highest amount of catechins and epicatechins/ECGC, polyphenols, antiinflammory, etc., I use almost 2 gallon pitcher and place 16 bags and it sits in fridge for a few days until I make another batch.

I also love Earl Grey, it's my fav hot tea.

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

@skittles2 
Have you noticed a significant difference since you started drinking green tea?  Do you use fresh ginger or anything else for medicinal help?
 Thank you
Super Contributor

just curious if anybody has ever tried Frazer tea? we have a Biggby Coffee drive thru here that has switched from my favorite Harney tea to Frazer tea. makes me sad. harney tea has always been my favorite. either the Hot Cinnamon or the African Autumn. 

Honored Contributor

In between my standard daily green tea, I do like Cinnamon which I never thought I would and an occasional Peppermint version and Honey Vanilla Chamomile. 

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 @skittles2  We got a small catalog from Republic of Tea yesterday and they have a big selection of wellness and green teas listed.  Something for about anything that ails you!  

It is interesting to look at but I haven't tried any of them.  Just FYI.

Honored Contributor

@tarytoo wrote:

just curious if anybody has ever tried Frazer tea? we have a Biggby Coffee drive thru here that has switched from my favorite Harney tea to Frazer tea. makes me sad. harney tea has always been my favorite. either the Hot Cinnamon or the African Autumn. 

@tarytoo Don't you hate when places switch out your favorite brand?  I have always been a Harney fan as well, but seem to be the ONLY person not fond of the Hot Cinnamon!  LOL!!!

Trusted Contributor

@lork, Would you mind sharing your recipe for the friendship tea? Would love to have it. Thanks in advance.

Love reading this thread. 😊
Trusted Contributor

I like Ashbys' Apricot tea when I want somethingg with a fruit flavor.  Ashbys Apricot Tea, 25 Bags

Their DarjeelingImage result for Ashby's' darjeeling tea is also very good and usually the one I use.  Ashbys' started in 1850 in London.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta