Respected Contributor

Re: What Are You Eating This Week?

[ Edited ]

I have leftover roasted sliced chicken breast and a thigh, fresh asparagus and mushrooms.  Am thinking of combining them somehow, not sure.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I cut up fresh okra, yellow squash, potato, and onion. Salted it all and waited for the juices to come out in the vegetables, just a few minutes. Tossed in corn meal. Actually used cornbread mix. Cooked in a large skillet in corn oil until crispy. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Without doing any shopping, here's our dinners for the week:

Sunday - leftover keto lasagna & Caesar salad

Monday - leftover keto lasagna, roasted broccoli

Tuesday - Chicken Florentine, roasted asparagus

Wednesday - bbq'd pulled pork, roasted Brussels sprouts, celery w/cream cheese

Thursday - leftover Chicken Florentine, green beans

Friday - chefs salad

Saturday - pulled pork, mini peppers w/cream cheese

Sunday - bacon, eggs, roasted asparagus, homemade keto pecan waffles w/butter & syrup

Lunch options - 

tossed salad 

yogurt

summer sausage

salami

assorted cheeses

celery w/Amish made peanut butter or cream cheese

mini peppers w/cream cheese

hard boiled eggs

pickles 

olives

assorted nuts 

Respected Contributor

Salmon last night, nachos tonight. YES!

Contributor

Unfortunately, I am on an esophagus-friendly diet, after having a severe bout of esophagitis this past week.  I ate a highly-condimented chicken Marsala at Olive Garden, and it was extremely spicy.  That, and a martini, made my recurrent symptoms very bad this time around.  I cannot eat ANY spicy foods, and alcohol is to be avoided as well.  I had a hankering today for popcorn, but looked it up, and it ALSO has to be avoided in case of esophagitis.  However, it is heartening to read that people like me can eat very healthy choices, and many of the medical articles that I was reading, pointed this out.

Honored Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

I have leftover roasted sliced chicken breast and a thigh, fresh asparagus and mushrooms.  Am thinking of combining them somehow, not sure.

@Free2be Put them with some rice and broth as a sort of casserole, or even as a soup?  Make sort of a quick dressing with toasted bread cubes and cornbread if you have it, italian herbs and broth?  

Honored Contributor

@Mayita02 wrote:

Unfortunately, I am on an esophagus-friendly diet, after having a severe bout of esophagitis this past week.  I ate a highly-condimented chicken Marsala at Olive Garden, and it was extremely spicy.  That, and a martini, made my recurrent symptoms very bad this time around.  I cannot eat ANY spicy foods, and alcohol is to be avoided as well.  I had a hankering today for popcorn, but looked it up, and it ALSO has to be avoided in case of esophagitis.  However, it is heartening to read that people like me can eat very healthy choices, and many of the medical articles that I was reading, pointed this out.

@Mayita02 It is good you do have choices.  Do you have a vitamix or other blender?  Can you make some good soups--especially if the weather is cool!  Be well!  

Contributor

Thanks!  Actually, some of the articles mention that you can put food in a blender to make it pureed, if the case is severe enough.  I think it's called a "soft esophageal diet?"

Honored Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

Make an Alfredo sauce and combine. Serve alone or over rice, pasta, or a substitute.  

Honored Contributor

We need to finish a cold tuna salad, a tortellini casserole and some green beans. Later this week I'll make a meatloaf and scalloped potatoes. Perch dinners would be great on Friday. We haven't been inside a restaurant in quite awhile because Covid isn't taken seriously around here. We have to walk through a bar to get to the dining room of our favorite place so we'll opt for curbside pick up.