Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Are You Eating This Week?

@JeanLouiseFinch I want to come to your house to eat! I eat low carb, too, but my meals are not nearly as yummy as yours sound... I basically grill a steak and have a salad....pretty much every night. You inspire me.

Honored Contributor

We just finished the New Years pork loin roast.  I had added mushrooms and caramelized onions with garlic, mushroom soup, and wine in the crock pot for something different. 

Saturday is steak, but we went out for our birthdays last night, so tonight I had steak, he had mushroom roast.

Tomorrow will be chicken.

Honored Contributor

I never know from one day to the next what I am going to eat.

This morning, I found very thick cut port chops in the freezer.  i cooked them with about 6 very large onions browned in a cast iron casserole and finished them in the oven.  The meal was rounded out with oven roasted Brussels sprouts  and mashed potatoes and white cake.

I have two boxes of mushrooms I need to use up, so tomorrow night it will probably be cottage pie.

I had some ham on the bone left over, so I made ham salad for lunches and froze the bone for use later.

I have leftover roast beef and sour cream in the fridge, so beef stroganoff is in order for Tuesday.

After that...who knows? I have been trying to use up the food in my freezer.

Respected Contributor

My daily meals include for breakfast: 3 Jimmy Dean turkey sausage links, a slice of whole grain toast and 2 apple slices. Lunch: apple slices and walnuts and for dinner: sliced yellow squash, sliced zuchinni, red pepper,onion and mushrooms and sliced Turkey sausage or shrimp sauteed in olive oil. My daily sweet tooth dessert is a  chocolate brownie Keto cup. ( I love these cups ! )  Sometomes I may have a teaspoon or 2 of Halo Top chocolate ice cream YUM !  ( I have lost about 40 lbs on this regimen, gone from a medium to a small in fashions) Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

We had peach pork loin, rice, mixed veggies, oven fried chicken breasts, baked beans, salad this weekend so we have leftovers for at least 2 days. 

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch I want to come to your house to eat! I eat low carb, too, but my meals are not nearly as yummy as yours sound... I basically grill a steak and have a salad....pretty much every night. You inspire me.

Thank you, @Goldengate8361!  You can do it!  There are many great recipe sites on the internet.  We love eating this way.  Yes, it requires some planning and stocking the right kind of ingredients, but it's worth the effort. I feel so good now and havent been sick since I started and had the keto flu.  i do my best to have a decent variety in my menu plans, to keep things from getting boring, but there are times where I really enjoy a simple steak and a salad or veg., or grilled pork chop and side veg.  If I make steak or grilled chicken breasts, i always make enough to have some left for a big dinner salad another day. Casserole type dishes are always good for multiple servings.  I usually have Two Good yogurt in the fridge and keto granola in the cabinet but I ran out of granola so I couldn't add that to the list.  

Honored Contributor

Made my mom;s spare ribs in the crock pot, and made a dairy free lasagna, beef stirfry and blueberry pancakes!!!

Honored Contributor

I am trying to do better with planning.  We are retired and what to fix can become daunting and irritating.  So I'm going to plan 3 or four days at a time.

It helps us be sure we are getting good variety, helps think about it and cook ahead (take things out of the freezer), and it helps make sure we have the ingredients.  

I have a pad with space for each day and a side area to make your grocery list and it is so helpful.  If I use it!  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Carmie 

You can also cut up pork chops and do stir fry, especially with the mushrooms. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

I would SO make homemade vegetable beef soup!!!

I get a small roast and cut, simmer in beef broth, and add a lot of vegetables.   You can also freeze some.