Esteemed Contributor

announces plans to build first store in Conn.   2 levels

date & location not provided.

Valued Contributor

I saw this the other day and really hope they expand all over CT.  We have 3 Whole Foods within a 9 mile radius.  I really miss Wegmans.

Frequent Contributor

The store is opening in Norwalk, CT. 

Honored Contributor

They're moving the wrong direction.  They need to go South and West.  And soon, please.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I moved to North Carolina last year from Western NY and the only thing I miss (besides the Falls) is Wegmans. Lo and behold, Wegman's has several stores in the Raleigh area, and the closest one is 75 miles from where I live, in Chapel Hill. Guess who drives the 150 mile round trip just to shop at the best grocery store in the universe? That's right, ME. I love me some Wegmans!

Honored Contributor

I think my husband goes in that store almost every day. He loves it. No complaints when I ask him to stop at the store.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I think my husband goes in that store almost every day. He loves it. No complaints when I ask him to stop at the store.

@proudlyfromNJ , I remember when my dad retired he was always asking mom if she needed anything from Wegmans, then he would call me.  This man never  liked shopping before, but he loved Wegmans.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

I moved to North Carolina last year from Western NY and the only thing I miss (besides the Falls) is Wegmans. Lo and behold, Wegman's has several stores in the Raleigh area, and the closest one is 75 miles from where I live, in Chapel Hill. Guess who drives the 150 mile round trip just to shop at the best grocery store in the universe? That's right, ME. I love me some Wegmans!

Totally worth it !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

@Buffalogal47, There is a Wegmans now open in Chapel Hill.

Respected Contributor

They are building the first Wegman's in Delaware which will be just about a mile from my house.  That is if Joe is not home.   If he is I will have to take the long way to avoid going by his house since the secret service closes the road he lives on to thru traffic.