Honored Contributor

time for comfort food and I'm ready for it.

Today should be the last hot day for my area of Tx.

Night time low will be 29 on Thurs.

I'm making chicken soup and broke out the Zo machine and baking loaf of bread since it just makes one loaf.

Respected Contributor

I had just said to my husband that I am ready for comfort food. He said what is comfort food. Lol! Well after I told him he agreed too. He does all of the grilling during the warmer months and he said he was ready to turn the cooking back over to me.

Super Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

time for comfort food and I'm ready for it.

Today should be the last hot day for my area of Tx.

Night time low will be 29 on Thurs.

I'm making chicken soup and broke out the Zo machine and baking loaf of bread since it just makes one loaf.

We're going from 80s to 20s with chance of snow within a few hours this evening. Bounces back up on Saturday to sunny and high 60s/low 70s for the foreseeable future, thankfully, but not looking forward to cold, snow, and super windy.

Honored Contributor

Temps are dropping to the 80s today, LOL

I'm going to make a meatloaf!

Honored Contributor

yeah, 82 here and hope that's the end of it. I like 60's myself, but, I'm a Indiana girl, here, it goes straight from 100's to 50's, no Fall just summer and winter, basically.

I want jacket weather and cocoa weather. Sick of sun and dabbing on sunscreen every whipstitch. Even in winter I still apply it to face. worrying

about bringing home groceries have to drag cooler with me to the store, etc.

Rootin' for cold weather.

Esteemed Contributor

Yep, our high was 75 yesterday (by far the highest temperature we've had in a couple of weeks), but today our high will be 50 and tomorrow 40. The wind is absolutely howling as it blows in the cold and stormy weather.

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE - Be glad you're not in California.  Northern Cali has already had their power turned off by PG&E and the news said it could last for a week.  This is because of the very high winds that cause fires due to the electrical power lines.  I'm in So. Cal and we're in an area that gets very strong winds when the Santa Ana winds blow in every fall.  I just checked our electric co. website and we're in an area that possibly could have our power turned off depending on how severe it gets.  We do have beautiful weather much of the year but those darned Santa Ana winds (they're also called devil winds) cause so many fires.  Last fall when so many of the fires broke out in so many area of Calif. we were in San Antonio visiting our daughter and twin grandsons.  We're leaving later this month again.  Hope things stay safe here while we're gone.  What part of Texas are you in?

Honored Contributor

Amarillo, we get bad winds too. thank God no electric outages though.

Mainly idiots throwing cig butts out the window or grilling hamburgers and one spark can start a range fire that kills animals and burns up acreage and people.

We've been getting pretty good rain here since Tues when we got back from va K. Thurs. night it's gonna hit 29 '.   I bought some flannel nightgowns be breaking them out I'm sure.  

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE  Temps in PA have been in the 50's today, with clouds and rain. Definitely is feeling like comfort food weather. I made a big pot of chicken vegetable noodle soup earlier this week, and I'm glad I did! Unfortunately there is no frost in the 10 day forcast. A good hard frost always makes the cabbage and apples sweeter, at least I think so.

Honored Contributor

My bread from the bread machine ! out of this world. Can't stop eating it

LOL Breakfast with be with jam. Fine eating !